Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

has anyone ever put an alarm system in there k5

Discussion in 'Audio' started by pplblazerdude, Jan 23, 2003.

1. pplblazerdude

pplblazerdude 1/2 ton status

I have a 88 full size blazer and i wont to get an alarm systam on some type of anti theft device. Has anyone on here ever put an alarm on there truck if so which one and was it hard and worth while.

I wont the peace of mind of having an alarm.

Clint /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm a firm beliver in (If you're going to get a alarm, then get a good one). There are alot of cheap-n-easy to install alarms on the market, don't waste your money on one of those !!!!!! I really like "Code Alarms" . Get thier top of the line alarm and pay to have it installed. Too meny wires into too meny electrical systems for me to **** with. I'll pay someone to install it just so I don't have to !!!!!!! Plus it's garenteed to work right and not to have the vichile wiring all fawkered up !!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. pplblazerdude

where on the net could i get one of these and are they very expesive thanks for any help.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I wouldn't bother with the cheap alarm systems. If you're going to get a alarm, get the top of the line system from Code Alarms, or Cliffard Alarms. But get thier best !!!!!!! I like Code Alarms becouse thier best system has satalite tracking. If your vichile ever gets stolden, they can pin point the location to with in 500 feet. Also with the top of the line system, if you lock your keys inside the vichile, you can call a 800 # and give them your PIN, and they can remotely unlock the doors for you. They also garentee to replace your vichile if they can't recover it if ever stolden. Pretty cool system, but it's not cheap.

5. pplblazerdude

would the remotw locks work if my truk doesnt have power locks cause mine doesnt. If i need power door locks can i get a set up for my truck for a fairly resonable price.

6. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

I can provide you with an alarm and the power door locks. Plus all the wiring information you would need to install it. This is one of the easiest vehicles to put an alarm into if you have some sort of electrical sense /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

7. pplblazerdude

HOw much would that cost and would it come with the switches for inside the truck for the door locks and what brand is the alarm, plus what all features does it have. Finally the door lock assemblys would i have to have any thing to install this allarm and lock assembly beside tools.

Thanks

8. K05Aggie

K05Aggie 1/2 ton status

anti theft post It's pretty long, but there are lots of good ideas here.

9. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

If you are wanting a nice alarm. I would suggest the Maganadyne 4600. It comes with dual stage shock sensor. Door entry, parking lights, siren, ignition kill, etc. I can also add two doors lock modules with that. I can order in some interior switches, but I do not stock them. I also carry the full line of DEI products, but the MAgandyne is much better quality IMPO.

The alarm door locks and wiring info would be 80.00 shipped to you door. I also have higher model systems, but I think this would be the best system for you. I even have system that have 2 way pager remotes, window roll-up, remote start etc. etc.

10. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yes, i was posting up the same question as you a few months back... I was looking into a Viper alarm, but decided to go with a top of the line Hornet because it had all the features i wanted...
    Any alarm from DEI or http://www.directed.com/ is a pretty good one.... Figure out what brand and model you want, then start searching on the net and thats how i found the cheapest price. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I got mine and installed it with the built in shock sensor, i also bought a motion sensor that you install in the middle of the truck... this is very usefull for when the top and doors are off... i can set the two stage warning.. the outer zone will warn you if you come right up to the door openings when the doors are off... if you try to come inside the vechicle the second zone will immediatly set off the alarm.
    I also plan to get an axis sensor or something like that so if someone tries to jack up your truck to steal the tires or tow it away, it will go off... i'm pretty sure the built in shock sensor will catch that though because i have it set pretty sensitive.

[ QUOTE ]
    I'll pay someone to install it just so I don't have to !!!!!!! Plus it's garenteed to work right and not to have the vichile wiring all fawkered up !!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
    [darn] that... I refused to pay anyone to install anything in my blazer... I'm sure i can do a better job than car stereo boy at the local shop.. I'd rather do it myself to ensure that nothing gets f'd up... and if anything goes wrong with the alarm later on down the line i know exactly how i installed my alarm and what the problem could be.

Some people told me that alarms are worthless and just make a bunch of noise... Well a week or two after i put it on my k5 i ran out front to find a couple kids fawking around and hitting my tires with a baseball bat as they walked by... Just scaring the crap outta those 2 kids because my alarm was going off was worth the cost of the alarm to me. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    I'd decided to invest ~$150 in my alarm system before i swapped in ~$5K worth of parts in my K5. The places where i'd most want an alarm i will usually be within hearing distance of my alarm so i know if someone has touched my truck... At home when its parked in my driveway, at school while i'm in class my truck is parked ~ 150' away from my class, and when i go to the junkyard i don't have to worry because i could hear my alarm from in there. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

11. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have a top of the line Ungo alarm and I had it installed, price was about $250 all done. I added remote start a few weeks ago too.

12. Mav2u

Mav2u 1/2 ton status

I put in a DEI Sidewinder with 2 stage shock, door lock, engine kill, stater kill, and the best thing is the remote start on the cold or hot days. Just start it up and when you get out there it's already heated up or cooled off for you. I installed a Whelen air horn/PA combo setup from Galls, and tied the air horn into the alarm. When that sucker goes off everybody knows. I have a lot of goodies in my rig, I know that they will be pretty safe for the most part. I just let the Best Buy guys install it with a few rules I gave them on the way I wanted it to be wired and located at, that way it has a lifetime warranty with them and they will transfer the alarm to any other vehicle I want. Cost was about $400 dollars installed, warrantied and the added switch goodies for the four button remote, like rear window roll up and down, side window roll up and down also...

Mav