Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Has anyone ever...........

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 79Stomper, Nov 29, 2004.

1. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

broken one of those stainless steel break lines made by earls and distributed by Pro Comp? Know how good their warranty policy is? Because I broke one. Let me know, going to give them a call tomorrow.

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I haven't had a problem with mine, how'd you break yours?

3. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Most of the pre-made hoses have a really tiny tube connecting the end fitting to the flex hose. All it takes is for a droop limiter to not work and you can pop them easily.

I use the screw together hose ends and bulk hose for this reason. I also carry a spare of each type of screw together hose end plus hose = to the longest hose in the truck.

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I use the screw together hose ends and bulk hose for this reason. I also carry a spare of each type of screw together hose end plus hose = to the longest hose in the truck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not DOT legal. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. BAJA_BLAZER

BAJA_BLAZER 1/2 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thom also removes the tags from his mattress and pillows. Lawless… /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

6. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither are broken brake lines. DOT just means it makes enough money for the manufacturer to send it out for a pricey approval.

Hossbaby50 did manage to have one blow on him I just don't remember wich brand it was.

Thom, where did you find the fittings for the GM style brakes? This sounds like a great idea for a trail spare at the very least.

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I think Hossbaby50 had a Superlift line blow on him.

8. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

After a few weeks of e-mailing back and forth with Explorer Pro Comp's Customer Service, I was taken care of. There were no questions asked and my new set of lines showed up VIA UPS abot 20 minutes ago. All I wanted was one line to replace the one that broke and they said it would be 60 days for a single line. So instead of waiting for a single line, they sent me a brand new setup. Both fronts and rear all brand new. Now I will have trail spares so if this ever happens again.

2 Thumbs up for Explorer Pro Comp's Customer Service.:thumb: :thumb:

9. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Yep, Superlift. The line failed at the fitting that goes into the frame. I would HIGHLY discourage the use of Superlift lines if you value your life.

Harley