Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Has anyone ever...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Confedneck, Aug 9, 2003.

1. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

stopped in front of your house and asked if your truck or k5 or burb was for sale? i had a cop stop and ask today..and my truck aint exactly purty, so has it happened to anyone else? im still laughing about it

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

nope not me. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I have people ask if my Burb is for sale all the time. I say "Yep, $20k and she's yours...." They usually laugh and walk away! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

hmm i told him maybe 2200 or a little more...heh what the heck would i drive then...just sold my toyota...

5. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

mine would never be for sale but ive had a few people ask.

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Yep, was out working on my '83 one time in the driveway and someone stopped and asked. Told him something like $5000 (and it was a rustbucket) because at the time I expected to keep it, and sink a lot of my own time and money into it to get it "just right".

But anything I've got is for sale, for the right price. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

As it was, I sold the thing for $1200, and built (ongoing)my current one. A lot easier starting with a good foundation than trying to fix a hacked up, rusted out piece of junk lol.

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Never had it happen with my truck, but back when I was working in a bike shop I had this 24" BMX cruiser that was built to the hilt, it was a beautiful bike. I had about $1000 into it (everything bought wholesale), some rich dude came in looking for a cruiser and saw it. He said "I want that one", I said it wasn't for sale and he pulled out this big pimp roll and started peeling off 100s. He walked with it for $2k. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font>