Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Has anyone heard of Mammoth Bar?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by TopOff, Aug 15, 2002.

1. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

http://www.mbra.com/about.cfm

I was just told about it. Looks kinda' neat. Although, it looks like it is mostly for moto-x. Not sure though.

What about "Forest Hills"?
    I couldn't find any info on this from the web.

TIA

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

There's a Forest Hill in Placer County..... looks like they are in Auburn though...

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I spent my entire youth there!!
    I have even slept there, of corse this was back inbetwwen 1978 & 1984 and I have no idea what it looks like now!
    We use to turn my buddys VW bug into a Baja by driving the fenders off of them and then mounting truck tires to them!! Great fun!!! It almost under the Forest Hill bridge to! Very high bridge that people use to bungie jump off of.
    TOTAL FLASH BACK!!!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Oh I remember now where it is- DUH! I was hiking up there once and these people were base jumping off of it. Was cool to watch, but they were insane!

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Yup it is just out side of Auburn next to the middle fork of the American river. The Foresthill bridge actuall goes over the North Fork and were the North and Middle forks join use to be the main party spot when I was a teenager. I must have hurled there 100 times /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif in my youth!! We use to pan for gold there too. Heck we even grew pot out there /forums/images/icons/blush.gif hehehehe Ahhhh the good old days!!!
    Ofcoarse now I'm all grown up and don't act like that any more /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
    This post has brought back alot of memorys.......crazy memorys. We use to climb down onto the catwalk under the bridge then go all the way out to the center and climb down the ladder and party on top of the support colum under the bridge. After about a year of that the cops got wind of it and put up barbed wire to TRY and keep us out. They even fenced off the dirt parking area /forums/images/icons/mad.gif
    As for wheelin at Mammoth Bar, its not all that big and mostly dirtbike tracks and trails. I seam to remember too that the local law put up a restriction keeping all vehicals out of the river and if your cought getting wet it was a preety good fine.

6. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

AAAawww Bummer.

I am just looking for something different than Prairie City.

I gotta get my RockSliders on before the Con trip 09/21

7. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH FLASHBACK!!!!

BING! BANG! POW! KAPLOWIE! WEEEEEE! BZZZZZZ!

/forums/images/icons/grin.gif

(yeeehaaaw!)