Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Has anyone herd from Chris D

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region' started by ramjet gmc, Apr 29, 2004.

1. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Has anyone herd from Chris D === how is the YJ / blazer going /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif

2. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

It's coming together really well, should be a really nice trail rig when it is done. He will probably pop in later after work and give an update on this thread.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

was wondering the same, can't wait to see it in action, yes I want to see a jeep in action /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    was wondering the same, can't wait to see it in action, yes I want to see a jeep in action /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not much Jeep left though.

5. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">
    I'm around, just not nearly as much as I used to be. My home computer is shot and barely works, and I only get a couple minutes a day at work to check the net. The Blazer is no longer /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif but the YJ is coming along well. I got the D60 in up front, the 350/700R4/Atlas II mounted, and now im working on the rear suspension. The 14 bolt is out and I stripped all the spring/shock stuff off the housing so its ready to go in. The rear will be a 4 link probably with coilovers set 8" back from stock (+2" from the shackle reversal I made up front will give me a 105" wheelbase). I'm waiting on all the parts for my 4 link, they are coming from Dan Dubose at Bluetorch Fab. He custom made me a lower link bracket that should be done today, I have to call him.

Pete, are you still going to RC this weekend?

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

what size heims are you running?

7. Chris Demartini

<font color="blue">3/4 x 3/4 FK alloys

8. ramjet gmc

well you are going to post some pic for us === and a step by step guige for me -- i just got my bender and i got the bug (bender still in box /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif) i need more time

9. Chris Demartini

<font color="blue">I got some pics I need to upload, mabye I can get on my parents computer this weekend and do it. I just got off the phone with Bluetorch they are expecting to ship all my parts today /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I've got 2 spare nice chromo ones if you'd be interested in them. Dan gave them to me when I had some issues. Whenever I undertake another project I'll probably run 1"s.

11. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

NO MORE BLAZER?!

12. Chris Demartini

<font color="blue">Nope, its at my dads shop all stripped now. That frame and tub was in poor shape from 32 NJ winters a wreck 2 winters ago. the 14 is going under my Jeep tomorow or early next week

and now, a moment of silence for my blazer /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

13. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    a moment of silence for my blazer /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

14. ramjet gmc

well it is allways a shame when a 1st gen goes to the grave /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

15. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

I thought it looked pretty darn good.

Wanna sell me your Ford shock towers?

16. BillyBob

BillyBob 1/2 ton status

I gave my moment of silence for the blazer formertly known as "Eyore" long ago when it lost all the tub integity and would actually have the whole body wobble when the bedside was pushed. Anyway, I can only imagine WTF is going on with that "Cheep" thing now. I have't seen it since the "perminant whole-shot" look of the lifted front and stock rear. I hope that the "Mo-parts" heritage of that thing doesn't infect the GM drivetrain /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gifJust get that damn thing outta the shop so I can take up space in it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. time for some crossover! /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif

17. Chris Demartini

<font color="blue">The "permanent wheelie" is gone. I'm building the rear links today and the coilovers will be here in a couple days.

Oh and Bill Shaddup your junk hasnt seen dirt in almost 2 years /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

18. ramjet gmc

any luck with the pics ??? i am dieing to see this rig

19. rtaub15

rtaub15 Registered Member

Hey Chris, Whats up, its rob, used to chill with bryan and george and all of them, Blue jeep, Doing the lift in george's garage. Hows everything been? So your working on a YJ now? Got rid of the chevy? I got rid of my YJ and rebuilding a Chevy. Hope everythings going well.

20. Chris Demartini

<font color="blue">Hey Rob whats up? I havent heard from you since the partys at Deana's house last summer. I remember doing that lift on your jeep in Polster's garage. My Blazer was permanently damage from the telephone pole I hit the same day Gill wrecked his Blazer. I patched it together enough to wheel it last season but the frame and body were starting to crack where they were straightened. I couldnt save it. I'm taking the stuff out of my blazer and putting it in a YJ (used to belong to Brian from Slightly Insane), I still got the Blazer but its all apart now. I guess your building up that pickup in your yard? Anyway it was good to hear from you again, stop around sometime.

heres pictures of the jeep /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif http://community.webshots.com/album/150796043MOsVIA

Pete get that bender ready /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif