Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Has anyone here done business with Denny's Driveshaft ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TX Mudder, Dec 17, 2000.

1. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Has anyone here done business with Denny\'s Driveshaft ?

I'm asking because I bought a HD 1 ton drivehshaft from them for about $300. Excellent quality, plus they say that if you need any work done on a Denny's-built driveshaft, the labor is free and you get 40% off parts.
    Well, I need my 3 month old driveshaft lengthened because I am switching to a LWB from a SWB. I called them to see how much it would cost me. They are giving me the shaft by saying that labor is not free to lengthen the shaft and that it will end up costing about $200 including shipping! The website itself says free labor, the papers I got say free labor, but they want to charge me labor. I'm not sure if they are deducting 40% off for parts or not, but I doubt it since they are screwing me on labor.
    Am I just lucky, or do they do this to everyone?
    -- Mike

2. coopertwpk

coopertwpk 1/2 ton status

Re: Has anyone here done business with Denny\'s Driveshaft ?

On legthening driveshafts its a real bitch you may just want to grind off the welds on the tubes and send them the ends theyll have to use a new tube anyways .

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Re: Has anyone here done business with Denny\'s Driveshaft ?

Perhaps they mean that if you break one of their driveshafts that the labor to fix it will be free. Are there details on the invoice?

BTW, I'm sure you could find a local shop in Houston that could do the work for you. And yes, the current tube will have to be tossed. You can't just weld in another piece to make the shaft longer. You have to cut out the old tube and weld in a new, longer one.

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com