Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Has anyone installed a aftermarket CD player in 2001 Tahoe & up here?

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by MT ZION, Mar 28, 2003.

1. MT ZION

MT ZION Registered Member

Dec 19, 2001

I was wondering if anyone has installed a aftermarket CD player in a 2001 Tahoe & up here? I was wondering how in the hell you get of the original hook up clamps that snap right back in to the dash like the original head unit. I bought a Pioneer deck that is the same size as the factory stereo hoping I wouldn't get a problem like this , but go figure everything seems to be a pain in the ass when you get down to taking everything apart. The CD player came with mounting hardware but form the instructios It seems like the wrong way to go about it. The instructions I got from crutchfield say to re install the factory mounting hard ware. For some reason it seems impossible to get the mounting hardware off of the chasis. I would appreciate it if anyone could help me out with this. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif