Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Has anyone learned Spanish from a CD?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by divorced, Apr 14, 2006.

1. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I want to learn Spanish for my personal security among other reasons. I'm sure it's easy to learn in school because of live interaction, but what about from a CD? Anyone ever done it?

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Why don't you listen to one while you work out to drop to a size 32 :thumb:

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Maybe I could buy Spanish work out cd's? :haha:

I just don't wanna spend the $$$ for a CD that doesn't work well.

4. pauly383

I wonder if any Spanish cd's are on any p2p networks ........hmmm . You could listen to spanish radio while you sleep too . Absorb it a little when just falling , and just waking up .

I don't speak , but it can't be too hard . Its just another language that goes back to latin , like most European languages ( Spain is in Europe ya know ) . They mess up the sentences though and put the words in the wrong order , like the end of the sentence is up front , and the front in the rear .

5. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Downloading as I type. Good idea, thanks :bow:

I usually read the Spanish part of an owners manual or on a label to see if I can figure it out, then read the English version to see what it really said. It doesn't seem too hard to learn.

I wonder if there is a Spanish version of a Richard Simmons work out tape anywhere? Spanish and a slim waist at the same time!

I'm going to search for a new avatar now.

:haha:

6. pauly383

You can get a good upper body workout while watching the game shows or the afternoon spanish soaps :wink1:

7. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Spanish is actually easier to learn than english. Tenses are easy to remember since they transfer. It's just expanding the vocab that gets hard.

8. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Espanol es muy facil, pero hay un problema.
    The only problem with learning in a structured environment is that you learn proper spanish. Learning this is like learning the Queen's English and going to the Bronx and trying to communicate with the man in the alley. I have had a few semesters of spanish and I comprehend a fair bit more than I can speak, but most of the spanish I deal with on a daily basis is reigonal dialect. It differs quite a bit from proper spanish so much of what I say is greeted with the smiling deer in the headlights look. Mi caja de herramientas es mejor que la tuya.
    I think you could probably learn a fair bit from a cd in that so much of the learning is hearing and repeating and if you know what you are saying when you repeat it, you will learn it as well.

9. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

I learned French from a CD. moses is right, when I would talk with the Quebec'ers I work with, they were like, look..you would never say that, way to formal. But it works for the basics I guess.