Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Has anyone noticed this

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by crazyrc, Apr 1, 2003.

1. crazyrc

crazyrc 1/2 ton status

All of you who have swapped out your 700R4/208 for T400/205's...is the reduced reduction that noticeable. I'm talking about the lower first gear in the 700 and 2.7 reduction in the 208. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Next question... would you spend 500 US to have a lower fisrt and second gear in your 400?

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

It is very noticable. I had a better crawl with my old 700, 208, and 3.73's than I do now with TH350, 205 and 5.13's. I guess thats the price for beef.

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i still have my 700r4, but i put a np205 behind it. frankly i dont really miss the low gear all THAT much. I very rarely even use 1st gear on my tranny... last wheelin trip i didnt use it even once. Of course, Im one of those wheelers that would rather crawl over an obstacle than hammer the skinny peddle and all that jazz. If I cant get over an obstacle via crawlin, I'll take a bypass. Hammering on the gas and trying to leap over obstacles and stuff is just dumb. thats just my opinion...

j