Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Has Anyone purchased a driveshaft from Denny`s Driveshafts?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JK5, May 15, 2002.

1. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Has Anyone purchased a driveshaft from Denny`s Driveshafts? They have good pricing! I was wondering about there QUALITY!!! http://www.dennysdriveshaft.com/

2. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I've got one on my blazer.. so far I'm happy with it, but I'll probably go with a CV style dshaft because I still have some vibrations.

3. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

I've got front and rear shafts from Dennys. They've held up really well over the past three years. Good prices too. Best I can remember, it took a while to get them. That would be my only complaint.

BIGJ

4. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Good pricing... well, dont hold out on us. Details? How much?

Ken H.

5. JK5

CV shafts start at $325, I didn`t call for a quote yet, but I will do so tonight!

6. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

My rear shaft was less than $300 with 1350 u-joints, and 3 1/2" tube. It's not a C/V, but I don't drive on the road much anyway. The front was a little more. His prices have apparently gone up some since I bought mine.

BIGJ

7. JK5

Thanks for your help!

8. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Or, you could get one form Jesse at Highangle driveline. He is on the boards and is very helpful. He has helped me out on a couple of ?'s I've had.

My .02,
    John

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Jesse/HAD is awesome... and I *want* to run HADs front and rear after the 205-swap.. but his shafts are pretty spendy to for poor peeps like me. I am definitely gonna get a beefy rear shaft from him (whatever ya need to get your rig home is what should be the beefiest, right?!).. big old CV, long travel splines, and prolly a 1410 on the diff end. Not sure yet about the front, I'd love to have a matching shaft for the front, but $ might get in the way. Maybe what I need to do is get into off-road racing and then just get Jesse to sponsor my rig. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Either that or win a shaft on Pirate4x4.com!!

J

10. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

CAVEAT: They don't stand behind their guarantee like you think they will.
    I bought a 1350 thick wall drivehshaft from they. I cannot argue the quality. The welds were clean and nice, the shaft was balanced very true, and it looked nice to boot. I never had any problems with it.
    BUT, the guarantee says (or used to say) that if they ever do any work or that driveshaft again, they will not chrage labor and parts are 40% off.
    Well, I needed to alter my driveshaft and I tried to get them to do what they promise and the bastards shafted me. I had to gte a local driveshaft place to do it and it cost me damn dear the price of a new shaft.
    I for one would never do business with Denny's Driveshaft again.
    Again, I will say the shaft they sold me was very good. But they did not stand behind what they said.
    I'm still pissed about it.
    -- Mike

11. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

That SUCKS! I was gonna call and get a quote to change mine over to a CV Style.