Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Has anyone replaced sway bar bushings?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by otisringle, Aug 6, 2006.

1. otisringle

otisringle 1/2 ton status

if so, did the kit you got include a new metal bracket to holt the front bushing in place or did you use the old one? The reason I ask is because the kit I received didnt include a new metal bracket and the new bushings dont have a lip on them like the old ones do so the bushing doesnt move off the bracket... the new bushings are just rounded...do the bushings need that lip on them or will the rounded ones that I got work? hopefully this all makes sense..

and the bushings are for a 1990 blazer and im using energy suspension bushings

2. otisringle

otisringle 1/2 ton status

hmmm, I guess I'm the only one that still has the sway bar on...

3. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Sway bar bushing kits do not come with the steel frame bracket. GM still carries these in stock for only about $7 dollars a piece. These things can be a real pain to get off...particularly the left side one. Also, getting pivot bushing out can be fun as well. I used a steel drift pin and a steel chisel to colapse the steel inner sleeve at the seam, until it was colapsed enough to drive it out.