Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Has anyone run an OX Cable opperated locker?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BorregoK5, May 15, 2002.

1. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

A good friend from out in NCarolina called today to check up. He's taken an S10 body on a 79 k5 with 39's on 3/4 ton running gear. He's quite the climber with this truck, all go - no show type, dents are a right of passage! Anyway, he swears by this Ox locker for his front Dana44. I really like the idea of cable driven but they don't make it for a Dana60 so... just the same, any opinions out there?

Clicky: http://www.oxtrax.com/oxlockerfile/oxpages/oxindex1.html

2. deothrwhtmt

deothrwhtmt Registered Member

Rode in a jeep with one installed. It really is just a manually actuated ARB. I cant really say anything more since I didnt drive. Seemed to handle well under the minor trail we went on. And the consturction site we played with offered a few nice climbs.

3. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

get me the plans ! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif or maybe ill mod my arb hehehe

4. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

You should definately mod your ARB, its not doing any good without air! I saw your pics were up, been out after the chop so I assume your mobile, right? I just got a 85 CUCV Dana60 front w/ 4.56.gear, ordering 4.56 and Detroit for the 14 bolt tomorrow, 16x38.5 TSL"s got here yesterday and and rims show up tomorrow! Once the 14b is in I can measure for a 1350 CV and get that made ASAP. How does two weeks sound and we'll hit the hills out your way? You test your new cable actuated ARB and I'll come out break in my new gear and check out yours.

5. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

UMM im kinda mobile , but 2 weeks should be enough time to finish fixing my junk ....i was thinking about just getting like a small paintball tank and mounting that on the axle or frame up front with a regulator ....er sumping it would be major work to convert the arb i think , and im still working on my dual cases . ive also got this grinding sound i havent been able to track down yet only seems to it when accelerating and turning right .... anways yeah lets GO !!! oh and im running low on $$$ oh and yer gonna do yer fenders like mine to fit those 38s right ???

6. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

I rode in a Jeep with one in the front. It was real nice. I would love to get one myself. But, I have a Dana 60 front.

They do make them, but only specail order right now. Like $1200 for one at the present moment.

Ken H.

7. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

A little on the spendy side but good to hear they make them for the 60. If they start a production line of them and drop the price a little, I'll probably get one.

8. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Same here... unfortunately I dont htink I will be able to wait that long. Finally getting started on the Blazer for real since parts are finally showing up.

Ken H.

9. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

My tube bender shows up next week. I'm going to hack up the fenders a bit like yours and tube frame everything off. Hacking the rocker panels off too and adding some 3x6 square tubing in its place for sliders. 38's and 4" of lift will be fun clearancing! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif