Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Has anyone seen this

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ledfoot, Dec 16, 2000.

1. ledfoot

ledfoot Registered Member

My "new' 82 Blazer has water in the oil. So it looks to me like a blown head gasket. I pulled the heads off today and I found that the water port in the intake manifold is completely blocked near no.7 and almost completely blocked on no. 8. Help. What causes this and how bad is my engine?

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i would guess what caused this was no one ever flushed it very often. do a good flush and fill repetidly till all comes out clean

s.smith 77blazer lookin 4 mud

3. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

What are they blocked with? Rust? Sludge? RTV?

Smitty

4. Gopherkiller

Gopherkiller 1/2 ton status

Hey do all that, but remember you got oil in your water. Don't put it back together without finding something. Look at the head gskts close. Look everywhere for cracks. Then go have a beer. Gopherkiller

5. ledfoot

ledfoot Registered Member

Smitty: It looks like calcium or hard water deposits. When I first looked at them I thought it was gasket material, but then I took a screwdriver and punched throught it. It was just like calcium deposits on a water faucet.

6. bart

bart Registered Member

This is testament as to why you should use distilled water in your antifreeze mix and not to use tap water...especially if you have really hard water in your area. Seriously, it really helps reduce the mineral deposits in your cooling system to do so. I've also switched my vehicles over to dex-cool (red) antifreeze for the additional corrosion protection that it offers over conventional green antifreeze.

bart

7. Channing74

Channing74 Registered Member

Quick reminder .... being in the automotive business i have seen what mixing the 2 antifreezes can do to a system ...... dont do it!!!!!!!!! As for the distilled Water... Very Good Call .... Everybody Should Only Use Distellied Water In The Coolant System.

Bigger Is Better
    Channing74