Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Has anyone tried this???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Zepplin, Sep 8, 2000.

1. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

I was wondering if anyone has had a sprayed in bedliner coating the entire interior of you Blazer? Also, how much did it cost and where are there websites that show applications and prices. Thanks

Dazed and Confused in a 74 Blazer

ZEPPLIN

2. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

I used Durabak bedliner in the entire interior of my truck. I paid $80some a gallon. Its great stuff, but I would protect it with carpet, instead of just leaving it bare. I did my tailgate too, and after some abuse of loading and unloading the truck, some of it peeled off. I'm going to replace my rear bed some time next year. Then I'll use Herculiner (already bought it), and I'll do a comparison of the two and put it on my website.
    Boss
    http://www.boss.coloradok5.com

[​IMG]

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I used the roll on DIY stuff from the local auto parts place on the front floor area of my Jimmy after repairing the front floors. Its been on there for about 9 months and even with me wearing my work boots in there day in and day out it has'nt worn at all. Best of all to clean it I just hose it out!
    It cost me about $50.00.
    The only problem I had was that it was pretty cold when I did it, so I had some small lumps and it took a week to cure.

Rene

[​IMG]

4. rockosangel

rockosangel 1/2 ton status

We used duplicolor and it turned out great. Still gonna carpet it to reduce noise...but it sure will help prevent rust, let we ever get rain here in TX, but if we do... and besides it looks good. We have pics on our website... Check it out.

www.rockosangel.coloradok5.com
    www.rocko.coloradok5.com

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Just wanted to know why would you do this?

6. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

it is a good rust preventative plan, but to really prevent the rust you need to do the inside and the underside while the rig is completely CLEAN and DRY.
    Dan

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>