Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Has Anyone used a Mityvac pump to bleed their brakes?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Okiemuddog, Apr 15, 2003.

1. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gifI was just wondering if anyone has used one of these to bleed their brakes? I am tired of pumping bottle after bottle of fluid out on the ground trying to get my brakes straight. I think I can rent one from Autozone instead of buying one for $25. Are these a waste of time or do they actually make bleeding easy?

2. conoverbandit

conoverbandit 1/2 ton status

Mine worked great! I just loosened the bleeder, and poped the hose on and kept a check on my master cylinder and bled mine by myself.Just remember to tighten the bleeder and not pop the hose off like I did. LOL........Had to do it again.

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

ive used mine twice and keep getting air(like 10 minutes straight) and then did it the convential way and no air. my dad never had a problem with it. every one else doesn't seem to have a problem, just me. maybe im not using it correct. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

4. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

well i just use my dad, bawhahhahaw, i seen guys get away with useing gravity, or those crazy new self sealing bleeder screws that just needs a 1 man operation to bleed the brakes, kinda cool. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

5. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

You will almost always see air. It leaks in past the bleeders threads. Nothing to worry about as long as the peddle is firm.

6. ds350

ds350 1/2 ton status

I use my Mityvac setup for bleeding all the time. It works really well. I use the included hoses to connect to the bleeder Screw, rather than the fittings that they include.

Good luck! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Mine isn't a Mityvac brand but it is a similar tool.

I tries using it for bleeding brakes but I found that it was much easier to just use a few feet of clear tubing over your bleeder screws and run it down into a Mason jar.

Quick, easy, cheap and it's much easier to clean up.

8. bigbluek20

bigbluek20 1/2 ton status

I have one. Used it to try to bleed the brakes after my rear disk swap. Never could get it to work well.

Ended up buying the power bleeders and completing two evenings of frustration in 5 minutes.