Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Has anyone used a tbi adapter on a vortec intake manifold?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shum1, Nov 14, 2000.

1. shum1

shum1 1/2 ton status

Trying to piece together a top end for my new engine. I'm thinking about my current tbi on the 383ht (when it comes out). I was also considering the edelbrock efi unit but i'm a little worried about giving up gm stock reliability. Any one used the adapter? If so, on what intake? Thanks

2. realsquash

realsquash 1/2 ton status

3. shum1

shum1 1/2 ton status

Wouldnt a dual plane intake make better low end torque vs higher end hp for the single plane? Also, the people at turbo city say that my stock tbi would have to be severly modified to work in this application. I wonder...

4. realsquash

realsquash 1/2 ton status

People at turbocity are trying to sell you parts. You will need to reprogram the ECM or pay someone else to get it 50% right (like turbocity). The mechanics of it are not hard/expensive. Holley makes a TBI->holley adaptor plate.

And a dual-plane manifold might screw up the TBI's flow enough to hurt performance. I'd stick with a single-plane on EFI. Then later you can convert it to port EFI :)

Squash
    http://www.trailrunners4x4.org/users/realsquash

5. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    Why are you so aginst turbo city? I have heard nothing but good stuff about them....I am planning on buying a TBI from them soon....what am i missing