Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Has anyone went to the event in Shields, KS?

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by hawglet, Feb 11, 2004.

1. hawglet

hawglet 1/2 ton status

Okay, (A)I am not really that familar with the area, (B) I don't have much experience on the rocks, just mud,snow,hills, and mountain roads of Oregon and Washington. What I am looking at is the event that is sopposed to take place on the weekend of April 30th thru May 1st, in Shields,KS. The add I read in the back of Peterson's 4 Wheel and Offroad mag. said "mild to wild". Some friends and I want to go down to it. This would include my Blazer on 35s, an 80's Land Rover that will, hopefully, be on 33s or 35s by that time, and possibly an late 70's Scout. Would these vehicles stand to it? What is it like down there? Don't want to get too beat up as all of these are D.D. and would have to drive the 230 miles home.
    Is anyone else going from Central or Eastern Nebraska area?

2. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

I have not ever hear of this run or meet? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

can you give more info? /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

3. hawglet

hawglet 1/2 ton status

I still haven't called on it. It was just in last months issue of 4 wheel & Offroad. I'll try to call on it tomorrow (Wed.2-18-04) and post some more info.... If I get any more!! Sorry.

4. 86kansask5

86kansask5 1/2 ton status

I think its called Kansas Krunch 4, April 30-May 2, 2004
    www.heartlandoffroad.org Checkout their site. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif
    No, I haven't been yet, but I am planning on it this year.

5. hawglet

hawglet 1/2 ton status

Yes that is it. I just updated the information on the calender. I doesn't look to bad. I think I am going this year too. Hopefully more members will go as well. Check out the calender. I put up a few links to the event and a write up of what 4 Wheel Parts Adventures had to say about it from last year. I know there is a couple of members from the Wichata area here that I would think are going to the "Kansas Krunch?"

Also I am still working on getting some more details but I have been unsuccessful at reaching anyone so far. I have found a couple of more contacts so hopefully tomorrow will see success!!!