Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Has it really been 4 years?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MTMike, Sep 9, 2005.

1. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

Since 9/11?

A tribute to the heroes & victims of 9/11

This file is 7 megs, requires Flash player. Please enjoy it and remember the fateful Tuesday morning that changed all of our lives forever. I still can't watch it without choking up.

Every year at this time I host this file on my server and post it on various message boards. Please don't post it to other message boards as it will kill my server, but feel free to show friends & family.

Mike

2. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'll never forget the morning, I was sitting in freshman composite science and my teacher wouldn't let us turn on the TV because at that point "everything was a rumor and we had more pressing matters to attend to." As the folks on pirate would say, what an asshat.

Remember all of 'em this weekend, especially the soldiers out there trying to keep it from happening again.

3. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Got fired that day because I was watching it online and not working.

4. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Thanks for hosting that.

Not only does it make me sad but, it makes me angry. How a person could be so brainwashed into thinking that their life would be better put to use by comitting such atrocities is beyond me. Something that is often forgotten is they went to school to learn how to fly. Not a two day course but one that was an extended process. These weren't folks that woke up one day and decided to attack the United States.

I just don't get it.

5. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

I was in Boise ID at the sysco foods making a delivery I watched the aftermath of the first plane, and was thinking "you don't just accidently crash into a building!" suddenly another plane hit the second tower. I immediatly thought "somebody is gonna get their ass kicked for this one!" I remember getting a little choked up then leaving sysco and heading to a friends house to pick up more ammo. I didn't feel like driving back to SLC without being armed to the teeth, I think everyone as kinda in shock, nobody on the roads, and the radio news knew very little. the day will always live in my memory as one of the darkest days in american history, we will survive, as we always do, and those responsible will be brought to justice one way or another. :usaflag: :usaflag: :angry1: :angry1:

6. bobalob

bobalob 1/2 ton status

9/11 was my cold water conversion from drunk cracked out uber hippie liberal selfish non patriotic athiest jerk to the happy fuzzy Christian little neo-con I am today. My thanks goes out to the men and women serving us today and God Bless. :bow:

7. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I sat on my living room floor all day watching it, didn't go to work and freaking my wife out cause I was convinced it was bigger than it was. Got all my guns out, cleaned them, loaded every one, counted ammo, set aside craploads of water and loaded up all the food I had ready to head for the hills. I eventually had to appease myself with dreams of merely putting a couple rounds in any local towelheads.

Still dreading this Sunday.

8. sledheadak

sledheadak 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

a very moving piece even after 4 years.i remeber seeing it the 1st time 3 years ago and it still has the same effect. :( :( :angry1: :angry1: :angry1:

9. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

When I see tributes to 9/11, my emotions go from sad to totally enraged.. same feelings I had when the towers fell. I won't forgive, and I can't forget.

A few hours after the towers fell, one of the local kids here got all juiced up and plowed his mustang into the local mosque.

Can't say I disagree with his sentiment.

We should just unleash israel and finish this thing.

10. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Well said!

11. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i spend most of the day sitting in the office of the owner of the dealership's office watching it on TV, as did everyone else in the dealership.

something about beign the only big screen TV in the dealership. i didnt sleep for 3 days after that.