Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Has not been my weekend at all

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Citizen Rider, May 2, 2006.

1. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

Sat. night i decided not to party and went night wheeling with some friends from www.bassackwards4x4.com What a mistake that was. I was the only blazer, 1 old bronco, maybe 6 jeeps, and 2 samurai's. Left camp at midnight. Had a really good time until right as i get my blazer on 3 wheels going down into a creek my power steering pump went dry. Filled it with atf and i was on my way again. Almost flopped coming down 3 wheeling into this creek. While waiting a few for others infront of me to get through an obsticle, i killed my blazer not thinking. Went to start it and it wouldnt start. CRAP! It had been giving me trouble starting earlier but i could get it to start.

So i keep cranking the key and it finally turns over, but the starter kept spinning. I kill the engine not wanted to damage the starter. Get under there and the starter is just steaming the in the cool morning air. I decided to leave it there and ride in the bronco, not 50 feet away his battery dies after a lot of troubles with it all night. We where at the bottom of a steep hill, we had to repel a jeep down hooked to another jeep to boost the battery. Get the bronco turned around after we decide to just head back to camp. Get some people through, then an XJ gets stuck in the creek. he wedged himself against a small cliff and couldnt go anywhere. We tried tugging him out with no prevail. Tried the winch on the bronco but all it did was kill the battery again. So the XJ starter taking on water inside the water was so deep. An hour passes and he hasnt moved.

I decided to hook him up to the XJ behind him and try to get a better line for him. As we start pulling him back, we notice his rear drivers tire is now under his back door!!!!

This is where we got really nervous. We starter checking on the axle to see what happened. Everything looks fine so we got him pulled back some. Then the XJ pulling him get into the sloppy stuff and got stuck. Got another jeep down there behind him and he slid and got wedged between the stuck XJ and a tree. Got the jeep back out. And started thinking about a new way of doing things. Put a battery out of another truck into the bronco and started winching the jeeps out of teh creek on one of the steepest hills ive seen. A total of 4 hours knee deep in this creek and we finally got them out. Had to tow 1 xj and my blazer back to camp.

My blazer wont start. It is now 8am. Most people have left and i pull the starter again to check all connections again. Still nothing. Ran to the nearest town and got a new starter, slap it on and nothing still. We shorted the starter and i got home about 11am. I was on no sleep and fighting sleep on the way home. Monday night i shorted the starter again to get it to my school so i could work on it. Today within 5 min of starting work we had it fixed. Neutral safety switch is bad. Unplugged it and jumpered it so all is good. Well tonight i stopped at Pep Boys and i go back out to leave, No start! This NEW starter just stopped working. Had my buddy tow me home and went and bought ANOTHER starter since the first one is from a store over an hour away and no stores close to me.

My blazer is running, for now it seems. This weekend has been hell..

Rant off......

2. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

All in all, I'd say that was a good weekend. Would have posted it up otherwise?

I got you beat though.

Wheeling in the Blue Ridge Mountains in northern GA, a buddy in his TJ decides he can make it across a creek. He gets down the embankment and sinks hood deep into some silt. All I have is a com-a-long and my K5, plus alot of Bluewater Climbing Rope. (I did NOT want to use it, but he was really stuck). I parked my rig at the top of the embankment, put on the ebrake, and used it as mount point for the comalong. 6 hours of pulling, and the jeep is out. It started drizzling halfway through the pull, and was pouring by the end.

I get in the K5 and for some reason I cant turn around. I keep sliding all over the place, uncontrolably. I thought it was just really REALLY muddy outside. I had to have the jeep pull me 1/2 mile to the road so that way I wouldn't slide off the trail.

On the road, I drive to the gas station, about 2 miles away. When I get out all I can smell is burning brakes. FOCK! I forgot to take the ebrake off. I look under and the driver rear is pouring brake fluid from the drum.

Long story short, pulled a backing plate off a heap in a j-yard and got it fixed. So stupid...

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

my monday night kicks your weekends ass. :haha:

4. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

indeed it does. Touche.

5. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

That sucks Justin. Oh well, at least your new tranny is still working, you had no tow bill and you didn't have to walk anywhere.

6. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

those nights kind of suck when they happen but they make the best stories later in life. My best one involves a beach 3 samis a jeep and a blazer and a long long night. I would tell it but my cat just jumped in my lap and it is hard to type

7. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I want to see some pics of this! Was it static or dynamic rope?

8. Cajun4x4

Cajun4x4 1/2 ton status

gd justin you fried two.... did the new one have a warrenty or anything?

9. Citizen Rider

It does have a warranty, but the store is over an hour away and none of the same localy. So i had to buy another one and im going to call the other place and demand my money back.

10. Citizen Rider

AND NOW MY GD TRANNY WILL NOT SHIFT CORRECTLY!!!

It takes of in second. I have to shift it into reverse at a stop for it to shift into first. My engine revs very high and it will not shift.

Ive only had it back from the tranny shop a max of 2.5 weeks!!!!

11. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

That shop must have no clue man. Yeah. it's your tires that are ruining your tranny... those fukksticks have no clue what they are doing there. you need to get your money back and then send them a brick for all of everybodys trouble.

12. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Where are the pics of the climbing rope pulling a K5!?!