Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

has offroading ever fixed your truck???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fasthumpman, Mar 30, 2006.

1. fasthumpman

fasthumpman Registered Member

good afternoon everybody i just gotta see if im the only one thats had sh!t wrong with there trucks, cant figure it out, then you take it offroading and the problem is fixed! this has happened a few times especially with my motor. it runs like crap one day, then i take it offroading...runs like a champ! is there a higher power..... or is my IQ way below average....:screwy:

2. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

ha ha I've had little quirks that have mysteriously fixed themselves off road. I equate it to kicking something to get it to work. A good shakedown off road can have magical effects.

3. noahrob

noahrob 1/2 ton status Author

I have had that happen almost every trip, however it is usually because the rattling part just falls off...LOL

4. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Im more familiar to the opposite happening. Things will be running right before, but not after.:doah: Oh, and does anyone else notice that they can park their truck one day with the steering wheel straight, then get in it the next morning, and the steering wheel has to be turned 1/4-1/2 turn in either direction to go straight. Ive always wondered why that happens. It can be way off when i go wheeling, when i get done, the steering wheel is usually straight again.:dunno: :dunno:
    -Harrison

5. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

That would be the steering fairy coming to tweak your wheels. :D

6. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

yeah all the time, sometimes, the horn fixes itself.

sometimes more things go wrong. whatever. :laugh:

7. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Ive had several things fix themselves after going wheeling
    Ive also had the steering wheel thing happen. its weird.

8. 88-3/4t-bad boy

88-3/4t-bad boy 1/2 ton status

ya. no dude. its happened to me to. when i first got my 1/2 ton sub i found out you were able to start it without the keys and the interior light would stay on when you closed the door. and there was like this rumble thing. then it rained about 4 1/2 inches. i took it out. got it muddy. rained again. took it out yet again. then after awhile i walked out and noticed the interior light wouldnt turn on when i opened the door. so i tryed starting it ( without the keys) and it didnt work so i put the keys in and it started. it fixed that. but now the light doesnt work (yah, i replaced the bulb, but no) and the circuit board is shot to sh%*. but hey i have to use the keys now

9. fasthumpman

now if only off roading could fix my rust, my leaks, my glass, my engine, my steering, my rattles, my doors, my interior, and my ability to pick up chicks...... one day..... one day

10. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

It can. Drive it off a cliff and get a new truck! :thumb:

11. fasthumpman

ive seriously thought bout that........ or i wish it would just roll over a million times. but so far shes put up with everything ive thrown at her

12. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

there's no "circuit board" for the interior lights. check the door jamb switches, i'll bet they're stuck in the closed position from getting mud or water on them.

13. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

Running an engine that's been sitting a while will usually 'clean it out' and get it running better. Bad gas, dry seals, loosening gunk in the fuel system, etc. Ive noticed this after taking a vehicle out on the highway. But offroading? Like most said, usually the opposite happens for me. :D