Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Has this happened to your K5?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 4GUNZ4X4Z, Mar 10, 2001.

1. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

My front fender on the driverside has moved back about 3/4 of an inch past the door. I'm not sure how this is happening, but everytime I go wheel'n it moves back even further. The inner fender, bumper, and hood are not moving, but the front where the headlights are is moving with it. Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas of what might be going on here? My front clip has seen better days, so I plan on replaceing it when it falls off, but for now I was just curious as to whats going on and if I can stop it from moving any further. Anybody?

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red> it's a population control thing.</font color=blue>[​IMG]

2. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

i'm not sure but i think you better tighten up some bolt's...the fender should be attached to the wheel well,,which in turn it bolted to the frame i believe,and the front clip,,,you may need to just tighten them up or add some more to it,,they might have fallen out,,but i don't know how

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

sounds like your missing some bolts and some shims. If you open the door there is one bolt visible above the top hinge. there should be a couple shims under it. There is another bolt that on the 73-80 is under the hood on the cowel. I think on the newer trucks you might have to pull the cowel fill pannel beween the windshild and hood to get at those bolts. there is also one bolt at the bottom of the fender into the rocker. you have to get under the truck to see it. My guess is one or all of them are loose, missing or rust ate the bottom of the rocker.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/>http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/</A>

4. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Thanx Grim
    I just went out side to look at the bolts. There isn't any rust on them and the aren't finger loose, but that doesnt mean squat. I'll get out there in the next day or so and pry it back and tighten it down. I figured they were loose I just didnt know where to look. Call it laziness.

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red> it's a population control thing.</font color=blue>[​IMG]