Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HASPIN ACRES SAT> OCT 28th

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by gzzgfw, Oct 24, 2006.

1. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

It seems there is alot going on at Haspin Acres this weekend. I'll be there fourwheeling. A bunch of people from gotmudd.com will be converging, Fatboy Jeepers are hosting a ride, there seem to be atv races? there too.
    If you make it look me up.

2. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

Sounds like fun. Wish my rig was ready. Don't be surprised if you see Neil and Jerry there this weekend. Have fun.

This morning, I picked up the steel tube I need to make my new spring mounts, so I should get those done this weekend.

3. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

What do they wheel now, buggy stuff. I probably would recognize them. Got luck building. Get it done now, it's gonna get cold soon....

4. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

Thanks. Jerry has a light blue YJ on 60's and 36" SSR's. Neil has a dark blue TJ that he put Rubicon axles and t-case into. Not sure what tires - 35's I think.

5. muddermilitia

muddermilitia ThatTrazerGuy GMOTM Winner

Where's Haspin Acre's?

6. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

7. muddermilitia

muddermilitia ThatTrazerGuy GMOTM Winner

looks like a pretty cool place. Are the trails real tight? is there a lot that a fullsize can enjoy without a lot of body damage.

8. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

I only been there once in 2002 in my short bed chevy. It's pretty good about fullsize getting around. Plenty of open spaces, mud holes, hills, and trails, I don't recall there being a bunch of rocks or rock ledges like the badlands. I'll try to get some pictures and a small report after I get back.

9. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

That's pretty much it. I've been there a few times. They have hare scramble trails which are awesome to rip through if you have a dirt bike. It used to be pretty crazy there - like anything goes, but I have heard they are clamping down. Not sure where that stands. Used to be you could wheel all night, camp anywhere you pleased, and drink (not too smart). I don't drink much anymore, but I do like night wheeling. Seems like every time I went there, my Jeep came home in bad shape.:D

10. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

Mine too, only place I've broken a rear axle shaft!

They still ride at night, allow drinking but recently outlawed two wheel drive cars from entering. I saw several frt wheel drive cars doing climbs and mud. Then when they are done, they roll them down hills and off cliffs and set them on fire:confused: It's gonna be muddy

11. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I remember a few trashed cars lying around. They are fun to crawl over, but watch for sharp edges. Several years ago, Jerry ripped the sidewall of a TSL SX open on a one of those cars.

I wonder if that 2WD car ban includes those VW buggies? There were always some of those there.

Have fun Mark.

12. 79BRUISER

79BRUISER 1/2 ton status

All most went this weekend, but the wife wanted me to give the new burb a good once over first. I figured it would be a madhouse with zookspook goin on. But that might have made it fun to try to squish the little guys:D .

I'm sure it was muddy as hell. The mud pits would probably swallow all but the largest rigs. Maybe I'll get there in a couple of weeks.

Several of us from work are goin, I'll let you guys know when. Hopefully it won't be ass bitin cold by then.

Bruiser

13. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

Yes it was muddy.

Pulled in to the lot and immediately put the tow rig into 4 wheel drive. I then proceed to pull some people out of the camp ground that either got jacked knifed or stuck in the mud.

Proceeded to run around in the woods. The mud holes were filled and it was hard to tell how deep they were until my frt end took a dive. Wisely I was able to back out of this one.

There were a lot, I mean alot of Sami's running around. But there were all kinds of trucks and 4x4's there. I'm not into smoking dope and drinking so I pretty much wheeled all day. Not much rock to play on and pedal down on most hills.

It is fullsize friendly so I would recommend it to visit. I'll post some pict. later.

14. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

Got pics yet?

I hear Neil and Jerry and all but one rig in their group ended up broke. Did you happen to run into them?

15. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

No I did not, it was packed! Trucks, samis, jeeps everything. It was pretty awesome. And the place is big enough and runs around in circles that you don't run into the same folks over and again.