Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hate Michael Moore?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Jul 7, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Watch the Daily Show tonight. They have a guy on who is making his own film called "Michael Moore Hates America".

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Yes! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

I'm there!! M Moore is a faawker!!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

What a bloated twit. Moore refuses to talk to this guy, making the guys movie that much more to the point, but he'll sit down for a daily show rip on it.

Millions of dollars because he knows trash sells. He really doesn't need to do anything now.

5. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

Michael Moore Rules! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. offroadcowboy

offroadcowboy 1/2 ton status

What exactly does he rule? Oh I know. He's the king of all liars!the Jackass of the crockumentery.Give it a rest with the cult worship of a fat rich guy that actually got you to believe everything you see and read. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

7. backcountry

[ QUOTE ]
    What exactly does he rule? Oh I know. He's the king of all liars!the Jackass of the crockumentery.Give it a rest with the cult worship of a fat rich guy that actually got you to believe everything you see and read. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at all the attention he is getting. Everyone is falling for it truth or not. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

8. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

He has never been sued for "false" accusations. He hired "The New Yorker", fact finders to check his work on his last documentary. Slanted politics...yes
    Lies...? Prove it.
    It seems that love it or hate it, he's done his homework.

9. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Michael Moore Rules! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

troll

Rene

10. offroadcowboy

offroadcowboy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    He has never been sued for "false" accusations. He hired "The New Yorker", fact finders to check his work on his last documentary. Slanted politics...yes
    Lies...? Prove it.
    It seems that love it or hate it, he's done his homework

[/ QUOTE ]
    I cant seem to spare the time to do all your homework for you so posted below are some links that may start you on the way to enlightenment.While you are looking at these sites "grasshopper" sit cross legged and say "ohmmmm". The enlightenment you seek will come.

Someone here really did their homework!
    Try looking here The entire movie is taken apart. It shows michael moores ineptitude at presenting the "facts".In this movie he actually makes the case for gun ownership. In the movie he interviews Terry Nichols brother who by the way is suing moore for misrepresentation of the interview. Whats this? [mindless zombie voice] michael moore would never lie.he told me to say that but it is what i believe because he told me to .[end mindless zombie voice]

11. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I applaud Moore for making it. Truth or not, he is trying to raise the point that we need to keep a closer eye on Bush cause he has done, and is doing, some shady [darn] while he is in office!

12. devilsquid

devilsquid Registered Member

The only point that he is actuallt making is that anyone with enough money can say anything they want and the herd mentality of this counrty will simply push the "I believe" button.
    The man is a putz....
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif if you don't love it, leave it.

13. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I love /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif, I just dont like the Pres...

14. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I'd say Moore is a far sight 'shadier' than damn near any politician. If you're gonna light the coals under someone else you better be a hell of a lot more honest and transparent with your 'fact' finding than Moore has been.

Both movies are supposed to be documentaries, and neither fit that description. Jerry Springer has better credibilty IMO.

rene

15. devilsquid

devilsquid Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I love /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif, I just dont like the Pres...

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't mean to say that you didn't, I was refering to the general anti-America sh!t I've been noticing from the far left lately...
    Ya know, you don't have to like the President, and if you choose to voice your discontent in an intelligent manor, more power to you. My problem with Moore is that she hasn't offered any real differing opinion, just says that everybody/everything is wrong.

16. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

The only point that he is actuallt making is that anyone with enough money can say anything they want and the herd mentality of this counrty will simply push the "I believe" button.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite possibly the most accurate description of Moore's product yet.

I don't have a problem with intelligent discussion of two opposing points of view. But one-sidedness and manipulation of facts to create false implications disqualifies any "potent question" he may think he's raising.

Questioning, even challenging, our leadership is not a new idea or practice, nor is it something that's been dead and Moore is reviving. The hero of The Left himself, Bill Clinton, is a prime example of scrutiny of our president; his impeachment hearings were pretty investigative into his life (and whitewater I think, although that got much less attention in the primetime drama, I mean media).

The only question Moore raises is "How much influence can "entertainment" have on politics", and "What form of delivery is required to make politics interesting to The People again". His movie is clearly entertainment in the guise of an Expose.

As for how to make money, Moore is brilliant, and I say that without sarcasm. He knows many people percieve movies and media as "Well if it were wrong, it wouldn't be produced" and lend an untrue infallible credibility to them.
    He has observed that people will flock to "evidence" against someone they don't like, and he knows this president's very seat is controversial in many American minds, so he capitalizes on that by feeding them what they want, and giving them a tool to tell thier friends "Come see what I'm talking about, it's all laid out in this movie".
    On top of that, the more fabrication he creates about "Right wing conspiracies" to censor his movie, the more people will be intrigued to go see it. Making it look like someone doesn't want you to see it makes it that much more interesting, and makes you think "Now I want to see it to know why someone doesn't want me to."

I seriously doubt Moore really even knows what he wants or believes, politically. He's as fickle as Kerry on every issue he's ever talked about. He's made more disrespectful comments of the victims of 9/11 than anyone in the public eye.

17. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

18. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Wow, that story's great. That guy provides direct links to his material, or irrefutable facts...

Good link, Shaggy. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

The guy that writes that page has a way with words, for sure. Informative, funny and true at the same time. It's currently on my short list of sites that I visit daily.

[ QUOTE ]
    Because that is the first obligation of the government, as set forth in the Constitution: ensure that someone in the Sudan can drink tap water without getting the squirts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Squirts... tee hee! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Here's a link to another one, I chose it at random from his archives and it's great too.

http://www.lileks.com/bleats/archive/04/0204/020504.html

20. backcountry

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

troll

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif