Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hate when it rains on the weekend. Should be a law!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Grim-Reaper, Oct 26, 2003.

1. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

[rant]

I have a BUNCH of projects I'm in the middle of. The biggest is restoring a 1959 Airstream. Floor was rotted out and had to take the body off to replace it. Been working on this thing every chance I get for the last month including a week of vacation trying to get it wrapped up for winter. Body is back on but still need to finsh up riveting one side and sealing the wheel wells.

I had got way behind on yard work and stuff around the house. Yesterday I had to catch up, mow the yard, clean the gutters, blow leaves, move a pile of chips from some trees we had taken down. So I only managed to put a couple hours in the camper.

Off and on rain already today. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Temps are supose to drop this week. This EXPENSIVE sealer I need to use to make this thing water tight works best above 60f. So at this point I'm screwed. I also needed to epoxy seal the top to my new rolling work bench and same deal with that product and temps and that stuff works best with lower humidity. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    [/rant]

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I wish it would rain here. Hasn't rained for at least 2 months. All the roads are dry and choked with dust. There are powder dry dustbowls that are deep enough swallow a truck. There is prolly an inch of dust on the dash of my K5. Wife wont even get near it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

You're not having a good week, are ya brother????? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Two rants in two days. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif That has to be a record for the usually calm and collected Grimster. Is your Airstream towable at all? Know anybody with a barn or an RV garage? Maybe you could do a low-speed tow to a buddy's place and get her finished.

Sorry, the timechange has me feeling a little more compassionate than normal......... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

grim...wife got a hair drier laying around? that might work with the sealant, put her to work waving the drier while you lay the bead...or not /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif lol anyways..look at the bright side of things..you get to work on wife stuff inside today /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

What Paul suggested.....find a barn or shop to park in and work on it in the heat. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Went out to check it for leaks...Sure enough the roof is leaking. So between rain showers I just resealed the end cap keystone pannel. And found that the pannel that was screwed in just above the back window is covering a bullet hole. Another identical patch on the front above the window. Looks like it went straight through end to end. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

7. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Sounds like the PO had a frustrating day once as well, eh?

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif