Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hats off to Summit Racing and Energy Suspension

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 73k5blazer, Jan 5, 2007.

1. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

So I've had my body back on the frame for a couple years now, but there was one body mount piece I couldn't find, I think I left it on the frame rail when I towed the truck down the road to a welders shop. :doah:

Anyhow, getting close to actually finishing, so I came back to this one mount that I have left unbolted because the piece is missing, the whole kit is around $100, I didn't want to buy it again just for one piece.

The piece (from the other side) has 4037 cast in it, I look for that part number, not found, I check around a bit, Energy's website has explainations of part numbers on it, 4037R (R for red) 3.4037R (3 for GM), I check all the dealers shown on Energy's website, nobody has any iterations of that number, so I call Summit Racing, where I orginally bought the kit from several years ago, and ask them if they can get just pieces of a kit, as Energy Suspension doesn't sell direct to public. She says sure, she can special order it, puts me on hold to verify my part number and get a price, she comes back after 5 minutes as says she can't get just one piece, but to call a number direct at energy and they'll help me out directly. She gives me a number.

I'm like, :rolleyes:. Here comes the we can't help you, we're sorry blow-off.

So I call that number, the guy was expecting my call :laugh: , he asks which piece I need, I say 4037, he says red or black, I say red, he asks if this is the only piece I need, I say yep, he askes for name and address and says he'll send the piece, no charges, not even for shipping.
    I was like, sweeeet :D :D :D . Thanks!

So hats off to Energy and Summit for their support!

2. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

It's amazing how excited we get when we come across good customer service these days. It says alot about a company when customers like yourself brags on them. It's getting harder and harder to find companys like this and they need to be brought into good light when we do find them. Congrats on your outcome.

3. mo

mo 1/2 ton status

A-mazing, just don't expect to hear about stuff like that these days, CS is a lost art in too many businesses now.

4. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Which is exactly why I posted it here! I would have gladly paid for the piece and it's shipping from either Summit or Energy, but they just sent it out for free!!!!

5. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

This is the exact reason why I continue to do business with Summit Racing.

I too had a similar problem. We didn't know it at the time, but the distributor cap to my MSD 8365 Pro Billet HEI was cracked bad and we used it during the dyno's for my 383. Afterwards, we found the crack. I called Summit and they took care of the warranty issue for me rather than having to deal with MSD. They shipped a new part out for free. The exact correct part and they paid for the red tag to pick it up and send it back.

That's what I call customer service! Way to go Summit Racing!

Manny