Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Have A Dilema

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TeK, Sep 6, 2006.

?

Which Option

1. Option 1

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Option 2

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. TeK

TeK 1/2 ton status

Ok here is my dilema. I can't link the truck with coilovers till this winter. I just won't have the funds. The truck currently sits on 39.5 TSLs. No idea how much lift because the springs have no markings. Here is my dilema.

Do I go with Option 1:

4" Lift 56" Springs up front w/ B52s Kit and using 7.25" Shackles with the possibility of using a 1" ZR. Stock 63" Springs in the rear w/ a Shackle flip using 6" Shackles and the possibility of using a 1" ZR.

Option 2:
    4" Lift 52" Springs up front w/ B52 kit and use 7.25" Shackles and possibly use a 1" ZR. Either 2" or Stock 56" Springs in the rear w/ Shackle flip using 6" shackles and maybe using a 1" ZR.

Basically it comes down to whether or not to run 52/56 combo or 56/63 combo. Please let me know

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Option 3 - It's September, I'd wait.

3. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

if you are wanting 4" lift total, then you are going to need stock height front springs. 52's/56's up front net 4" lift. so 4" lifted springs would give you about 8" lift, with stock springs and shackle flip in the rear ud have 4 in the rear. that might look kinda funny. i duno many people who intentionally want a saggy a$$:haha:

im plannin on doin lifted 56's up front and shackle flip and lifted 64's in the rear. :D if you want 4" lift id do the same, but with stock height springs, those long springs will give you the best flex

if you go through the trouble of swappin in new springs, then dont link it. if you are going to link it, just wait. i think you will be pleasantly surprised with the flex you will get with the 56/64 set up or 52/64 set up

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I'd vote option 3 and wait also. I've riden in rigs set up with both 52's and 56's in front (2 separate rigs) and they both rode worse than my burb with stock length 6" lifted ranchos

5. TeK

TeK 1/2 ton status

well I may just wait though. The guy that can get me coilovers is wanting to order them and has lowered his price even more for the 14" Travels, and with Balter being close to having a setup ready for the rear I may just link it. Gota see what happens.

6. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

Are you wanting to link front AND rear? Jesse at Balter is building the rear links....

Myself and another member that is local to me have had great luck with stock length front lift springs. We moved the shackle mount forward in the frame also using the 7.25" shackle and have no trouble getting them to flex.

Too each his own, but i like to Keep It Simple...