Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

have a look boys, a neat 68 convert......I finally found one

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by supersize75k5, Oct 15, 2004.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

A while back I made a post saying I was looking for alate 60's, or 70's convetable car. I love the things to death and think they are a cool ride. But I can't afford a mainstream car such as a gto, camaro ect. I also wanted something a little differt from what you see at shows and the trendy cars that any guy with 20 grand or more can just go buy at action or a show. I like the camaro's and my dad has one, they are just not in my range.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sooooo....

drum roll.......................

here she be

a 1968 fury convertable with a 383, a 1 owner az car with 62,000 on the clock and all documents to prove it /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

thank my lucky stars, she is a strait car and original paint also all the chrome is there and strait as well. But she does have minor cancer on the left rear, but a few venders make this piece so no big deal as I can cut it out real easy.

The rest of the car in unmolested and in solid shape the interior is awsome but their is some cheap carpet and newer buckets in the car that will have to go.. Also I went over today and we found the original bench seat in in the garage cealing /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

she runs like a dream and it also comes with a 440 comando or commandor motor? I am not shure I have to do some research to be shure what is the story with it.

Plans are to paint is bright red, or a jet black with the white interior, or I may restore her to original if I dont put the 440 in. I dont know if I will do a frame off yet, If I do I will start in december after the roadster project is done.

what do you guys think? A little too far outside the normal crowd...or just about on the money?

I am on cloud nine /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

2. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

that thing look like a$$. i say u get it running and go drive it into a wall!!!!

J/k btw i still want that guys f-body u think he would take 500 for it. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

My buddy Pedro would kill for that . He had a 4 door that caught fire , another he sold , and he just got rid of a convertible he couldn't afford to fix and bought without looking at /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. pauly383

Oh and Mopar has a neat thing called a pinion snubber . When you lower those ( only way they look right ) and do a burnout it is cool seeing the pinion push the rear body up

5. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh and Mopar has a neat thing called a pinion snubber . When you lower those ( only way they look right ) and do a burnout it is cool seeing the pinion push the rear body up

[/ QUOTE ]

NICE!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Hey, get that propane tank away from that car!!!!Dont even think about cutting that up /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Nice car, cherry it out!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. pauly383

[ QUOTE ]
    I dont know if I will do a frame off yet

[/ QUOTE ]

Shawn , you do know there is NO full frame on a Mopar A/B/C ( yours ) /E bodies right ? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

As long as there are no plans to wheel it or run it into trees/rocks I say go for it! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Serioulsy that is a cool car, I'd go red w/ white then it'd look just like my Dads from HS.

9. supersize75k5

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I dont know if I will do a frame off yet

[/ QUOTE ]

Shawn , you do know there is NO full frame on a Mopar A/B/C ( yours ) /E bodies right ? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

learn aomething every day....doh

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

That thing is BAD ASS! Cherry that bastard out and drive the hell out of it! It needs a sweet paint job and some 17" rims and dropped down a bit in the front. You can make that 383 put out a TON of ponies, and you will be able to eat the average Camaro/Mustang/Honda (did I just say that?) any day of the week.
    Please don't put glass packs on it. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    Try to stay out of trouble!

11. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

17's would look good with a little drop. i think he is droping a 440 6 pack /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif in it the last time i talked to him

12. pauly383

17's if they are Cragar SS retro style . I remember Pedro's looked hot with the cragars ( 14 " ) and whitewalls ( 195/70/14 ) , and stock body .........those old boats look best with all the factory chrome intact and dark tinted windows . Although tTroy Treppanier could probably pull off something wicked with one /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

im seeing 44in boggers

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm a big fan of Centerline wheels. I really like the Galaxy rims from them. [​IMG] These come in 16" and 17".

15. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    im seeing 44in boggers

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif now thats more like it.

16. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I don't want this thread to die... since supersize75k5 seems to have $$ falling out of his ass I wanna see the progress of this thing!!!!
    Please dont mold any Toyota taillights into it! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

17. supersize75k5

no, money isnt falling out of my ass, this project will be after the current project, This is still cheaper then having a new truck payment and insurance for a new car.

I dont know how much work will go into this but if I do decide to give it some tlc, I want to do it the right way.

when I start in on it I will put it in the paint/body forum and post the progress as it happens /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I love those Fury convertibles.

Almost had a '64 Fury III convertible for $500. It was the orginal owner and the car was just sitting in the backyard decaying away. As soon as the guy's son found out he was going to sell, he said no way I'll buy it. The son thought it was an important family car, and he was going to save it and fix it up himself. Guess what it's still sitting in the same place 4yrs later.

19. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Find you a 400 block, drop the 440 crank into it- gives you 452 cubes-put 383 stickers on it and go pound some F bodies. By the way, in Mopar terms, you now own a "C" body , the only car bigger was the Imperial. KILLER CRUISER

20. supersize75k5

I have a 400 chevy block that is in great shape,

the truck 400, that was actually a 402,

or is there a plymouth 400?

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

that shure would be a nasty motor, could you imagin if I lef the body the way it is, I would have a big time sleeper /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif............. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif