Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Have a rock at your high school?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Feb 13, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Did you guys have a rock at your high school? Know what i mean? A couple local schools (including mine) have rocks where you are allowed to spray graffiti(usually spirit stuff) on. I just came up with my goal for this my senior year, before graduation I will have parked on top of the rock. I will drive my K5 into school as usual, pull up into the grass and just climb right on top of that sucker. Get out and paint ColoradoK5.com on the rock and take a picture of it then go into school as I normally would. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I have a feeling I can get some friends to cover the tow charge if I do it. I am thinking ORD Shackle flip and some 6" front springs to fit 38s.

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

that would be sweet man.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

only thing is its a big sucker, so to get up on it I will either need I am thinkign 38s or 35s with some blocks to help get me up it a little bit.

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I have a feeling I can get some friends to cover the tow charge if I do it.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Umm, why would you need a tow? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

need? wouldn't need, just saying the school would try and tow my truck for parking like that. Key word is try, between leaving it in gear, taking the keys, leaving it locked in 4wh lo, leaving the parking brake on, and maybe throwing a club on it I want to see them do it /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif. Actually they made my friend unlock it and undo all that stuff last year when he parked in the one lot he wasn't suppossed to. That was a crazy site, an F250 long bed extended cab with 4" suspension and 3" body with a set of 35 all terrains on a flat bed that it JUST fit on. If the wheelbase was 2" longer or the tires were spaced out a couple inches it wouldn't have fit!

6. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Its awsome having a big truck at high school. Every one thinks its cool ( IVE GOT THE BIGEST TRUCK AT BENSON HIGH!!, which is sad because its only got 6" and 35"s)After they get my truck in there head they allways say they wanna get a big truck. its great. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    need? wouldn't need, just saying the school would try and tow my truck for parking like that. Key word is try, between leaving it in gear, taking the keys, leaving it locked in 4wh lo, leaving the parking brake on, and maybe throwing a club on it I want to see them do it

[/ QUOTE ]
    Well hello there, did the clue hit ya upside the noggin yet?

Let's break this down like grandaddy's double barrel. If the school's gonna tow ya, then maybe ya ought to not be there which in turns gives your fellow four wheelers amongst the world a black eye towards these administrators.

Remember, ya drive a 4wd and you must present a positive image to the community.

8. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

i second.. don't do it.

us wheelers don't need that kind of attention.

9. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Get permission to get your senior picture taken at the rock, just forget to mention the truck part /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

I Still think It would be pretty freaken cool. Excally how big its it though? Are you talking about driving you whole truck on top of it? Mabe you could just drive over it then go park, If it your truck gets up there and feels the slighest big tipsy I would not leave it you never know one of those honda guys might think its just as cool to try to push it off /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

11. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

I would say ask em about it. I wouldnt do it if it will damage anything (even grass school can get perty anal about thier lawns).

12. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Hey my truck is the biggest at my school too, and the most capable.

13. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

When i was in high school everybody did burnouts on the walkway that led up to the school on the week before INDY time trials.Then the autoshop classes went to INDY to watch the trials. It was kinda accepted as a stpid prank until some a$$hole left his car parked on the walkway sideways and blocked the path.After that anybody who was involved got their vehicles impounded and was forbidden from driving to school.

My advice is if you really want to climb the rock, do it before or after school and take pictures when nobody is around, but don't park your rig there and give the administration a reason to bust you and ruin everybody else's fun.

If reason gets the better of you , make sure to to not break anything trying this. You would look pretty stupid trying to change a u-joint during 1st period.

14. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

We had a Senoir rock at our school too. We (my twin bro and some frineds) also kicked around the idea of hooking some chain to it and pulling it out with our burb.LOL
    But that never happened. And that burb is no longer with us /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif it became my parts rig /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Jeremy

15. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

just dare the jeeps to try it then when you pull them off every one will think your the best /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

He...he.....he...... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif We had one TOO!!!
    We talked about wenchin OURS around....and throughin-it in the parking lot..... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Yah...its FUN to Daydream a little..... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    But the reality of it ALL is....It's tough to wheel NOW!!!
    And we don't need a BAD RAP!!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

17. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    If I was young and dumb I'd do it(I'm not saying your dumb)It would be a cool pic.but you'd prob. tear up the grass trying to get up the side of it.THAT would piss them off more than the actual stunt.It would still be cool though. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

18. k30gambi

k30gambi 1/2 ton status

I'd say go for it, dont listen to what the old (snicker) guys are saying. You are just a kid like me trying to make a few people laugh by performing a goofy stunt. I was late for my own graduation (preoccupied with the woman /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif, we were supposed to start walking onto the football field at 7pm, we get there at 7pm, no parking spots so we stopped right on the track, got out and went in line like nothing happened. It was great!

19. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Maybe I will ask administration for approval, though those guys don't like me all that much to begin with /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. And as far as the grass goes they are in the midst of construction on the school and are going to be knocking down the building that the rock is in front of to make room for a big ass parking lot in a some months so I doubt they will actually care if it gets torn up. Not more than 30 feet from the rock the construction company just tore up the lawn to make room for osme new access road. I am in high school thogh I am suppossed to give the administration hell /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I don't think its giving four wheelers a black eye to perform a little senior prank. And I would ask some Jeeps to give it a shot but they are all stock with like 28" tires and 4 cyls. The only other truck I think could come close is my friends 2000 Ford F250 with 4" of lift and 35s and well I really don't think it will work. I am not actually certain they will tow it, more likely just yell a little bit and tell me to get the heck off of it. Maybe revoke my parking priviliges for a couple days(whoopdeedoo). Well there is a k10 with 6" of lift and 35s at school but he would probably snap an axle in one of his 10 bolts. I wouldn''t do anything I thought was actually gonna be bad for the wheeling community, I mean some kids go to school and just do donuts in the grass, and being a leader(sort of) in our group I always yell at them at tell them they are stupid as it gets for doing stuff like that cause it just makes us look bad and your destroying public property. I punched a few people when they went and did donuts in a cemetery, oh its ok though they went in the aprt where there were no grave stones, well a few of those little ones in the ground. I FLIPPED out and at those stupid mother%$#$^s

20. Sample

Sample 1/2 ton status

They will most definetly say "NO". Too much of a liability to let it happen. You know if it slips and you roll, or roll on top of someone. What do I know, I used to drive my old Honda through the school and do doughnuts in the courtyard grass. That was 8 years ago, the marks were still there 2 years ago before they remodeled the school.