Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Have any of you built dog boxes to go in your blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kwcdawgfan, Mar 20, 2001.

1. kwcdawgfan

kwcdawgfan Registered Member

A few years ago I was doing alot of wild pig hunting and built a box that was a double decker... Cant take credit for it though because my uncle gave me the idea... With the tailgate down the box starts at the back edge of the tailgate and goes to the back of the seat... The height of the box is even with the top of the blazer.... It has four holes the top two holes are kinda of small since they are completly on the outside of the box and are only as deep as where the back window would normally be... The bottom holes are really big since they go from the back of the tailgate to the back seat (inside)... The great thing about the boxe going inside is that when you look at the box from the inside you have a deck right behind the seat to store gear on top of... To hold it down I put and eye bolts on the sides and winch it down to the bumper and then two more eye bolts on the inside that I tie down to the armrest to keep it from sliding out the back (LOL)... Ive got rubber gasket between the top of the box and the top of the blazer to keep out rain and cut some pieces to sill the bottom part... The box itself has about ten pounds of screws and maybe 10 tubes of liquid nail and about five tubes of sealant... The reason I used so much was we catch hogs live so I had to have it strong enough to hold one (can verify it will hold a 325 pounder)... The sealant because nothing worse than a hog or dog doing its business inside the box and having to smell it for a 3 hour drive... I used 3/4 in treated plywood and the total cost was about 150 dollars... Ive got to take some pics of it to email a buddy who is going to try and make one to fit a f**d so if anyone else would like some pics let me know...