Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Have Blazer, Now The Fun Begins :)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TallCowGirl, Jul 5, 2000.

1. TallCowGirl

TallCowGirl Registered Member

I just got my '73 K-5 Blazer. The previous owner sort of just used it for a play truck and needless to say it needs work. The wiring is wacky(it's been hot wired) and the front seats are from I don't know what. What other Chevy/GMC trucks used the front seats that the Blazer did? How hard is it to get a tilt column for it? Where can I get a good wiring diagram from? The Haynes manual only has very rough schematics. It's got 35" tires and they rub the front quad shocks. Can some kind of spacer be used on the wheels to move them out a bit? It also doesn't track straight down the road, either. It also "clunks" when you put it into gear. If you can help with these and other questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Diana

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Hey Diana, congrats on the '73 I think you'll have big time wih it. First thing is to get that top off! Secondly, post your questions in the 4WD section, you'll get much better response. Eagle might be able to help with schematics, sounds like you need a wheel with the correct off-set or more lift to keep the rubbing down. It takes allot of lift to clear 35's. Probly your driveshaft clunking, maybe bad pinion angle or needs some lubrication. You need to check all the frontend components for wear, wheel bearings, tie-rod ends, steering box etc. The seats in a Blazer are pretty much Blazer only, but nearly anything can be made to work with a little tweakin'. Tilt columns are fairly easy also, just look in the "parts" section. Good luck!!

Michael [​IMG] http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm

3. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

like your user name

<font color=blue>If its too loud, your too old.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Cameron</font color=red> <font color=green>Burnett</font color=green>

4. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Well it sounds like to me, somebody has been jumping that thing. You said it doesn't track straight down the road, usually that is a dead give away that your frame is bent. Welcome to the family of moneypits [​IMG]

89 K5 Silverado

5. N2-TRUX

N2-TRUX 1/2 ton status

Wow She has a lot of questions!

Well, TallCowGirl, first off "Welcome Aboard"(or to the board). You just rattled off a lot of questions in a short post, so you must be another exited Blazer owner. Most of your questions are 4wd related, and although I do know about them, there are plenty of others here more qualified to answer those. The one thing I can tell you about first hand are the seats. The brackets are Blazer/Jimmy only due to the flip and fold feature. Lets hope what ever seat is mounted in yours still has the correct bracket. If not, and you want the flip and fold feature, you will need to get those brackets from another Blazer. From what I can tell the 88-91 Suburban seats will work on those brackets, but I haven't tried it yet. I can tell you that the 91- 94(high back) or the 95-96(low back) GM extra cab seats are a good replacement. If you try to use the original bolt holes,like I did, it's a lot of work. If you just bolt them in, and use reinforcement plates for the bolts it is much easier. A tilt column should be a bolt in deal. You just need to find a column. Look in the want ad section on this site, or try the links below...
    http://73-87chevytrucks.com/index.htm

<font color=purple>N2TRUX<font color=purple>
    http://n2trux.coloradok5.com/

6. 73C20

73C20 Newbie

Re: Wow She has a lot of questions!

Hey N2Trux, I was just browsing around and saw that you recommended our site: 73-87ChevyTrucks.com. Thanks for suggesting it. I was just on your site and was thinking, "We need some Blazers on our site." So, how about some pictures and information on that dropped Blazer of yours for our visitor's trucks? Anyone else I also more than welcome to send us your Blazers.

Matt
    webmaster@73-87chevytrucks.com
    www.73-87chevytrucks.com

7. N2-TRUX

N2-TRUX 1/2 ton status

A chance to show off my truck? I don\'t know....

You know I'm kinda shy and don't really like to show off my truck....YEAH RIGHT! I would be proud to send you more than you ever wanted to see or hear about my Blazer. I have some fresh pics coming, so give me a couple of days, and expect a mail bomb with lots of pics, and plans, and endless ramblings from N2TRUX...

8. 73C20

73C20 Newbie

9. Captkaos

Captkaos 1/2 ton status

yeah right...

N2TRUX, quit lying. Is this the same pics you haven't gotten off you butt to send me. hahahahaha. Sorry, had to.

Chris Lucas
    http://www.wwisp.com/~captkaos

10. N2-TRUX

N2-TRUX 1/2 ton status

No really...

This is a brand new roll, that I almost finished. I need to take a couple of pics of the neat flames I put on my LT-20HP garden tractor, then I will be done. I would have done it tonight, but I was busy trying to make a SBC fan shroud work on a BBC radiator. It takes a LOT of cutting, but it will work...sorta...

11. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

Re: No really...

this is old, who's reading this? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif