Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Have I got a story for you guys!! This is some SH!T!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, May 29, 2000.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Went mudding today. My friend and I were together and here is the 5 hour adventure. He has a '97 Z71 Chevy and I have that '87 Jimmy. I got stuck 3 times, burried once!! I had the coolest photo opportunity, but my "crew chief" didn't have the film in the camara. I went hauling up this incline and at the top I got airborne. This is not a joke or tall tail. There were 8 people there and they all said I was at least a foot off the ground. After that, my friend got his truck completely high centered at the top of this hill. I'm talking, ALL 4 wheels off the ground!! It was just teeter-tottering there. Then I got him off that and he burried himself down this trail I told him not to go down. He's new to the off-roading community. I was behind him and decided that I would go around and approach him from the front. I drove around this dry lake bed and went through the pit got stuck in with no problem. Then, on the opposite side of my friend, I made a mistake. Instead of going up and around, I made the choice to go down and through the narrow trail. My rear end slid down off the trail and into a mud pit. Since I'm having my front driveshaft fixed, I don't have 4 wheel drive. I got stuck big time now!! I had to climb out the passenger window. Now the problem was, who was going to get us out now!?!?! My "crew chief" Matt and I headed for the highway when this guy came around the corner and we hitched a ride into Augusta, KS to use the phone. Got a hold of my friend who has a '79 K5 w/12bolt rear end. He showed up 30 minutes later and pulled me out. Then I went to pull my friend's truck out and got burriend again out in the middle of this dry lake, which I now know wasn't so dry. Then RD, the dude with the '79, came barreling through and got back on the trail behind the Z71. RD got him out, then he came to get me, well he got stuck right next to me. So the my friend and his Z71 came around to the opening to get us out. He started to pull RD and his spider gears just blew up. Now he has to rear power at all!! They got him to a dry spot and RD started to tear it apart. Then Chris(Z71) pulled in to get me out, well he got stuck getting me out. Then I got out of the completely and got Chris out. RD managed to get his driveshaft out and was using the front wheel drive to get him home. Chris bailed on us as soon as I got him unstuck. I followed my fellow Blazer companion home. It was a day of triumph for the Blazer community!! It was 5 hours of total hell and excitement. Got any ?'s about it just feel free to ask. Have a good day. I plan on doing it AGAIN!! Amazing that 2 wheel drive with 35" SX's can get through stuff 4x4's CAN'T. Damn good tires!! Cya guys.

Alex
    Wichita, KS
    [​IMG]What me get stuck? NEVER!!(Famous last words)[​IMG]

2. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

That sounds like some kind of fun. I just dont know what kind[​IMG]

[​IMG]Go prepared
    </font color=red>90 k5 soon to be big, bad, and mean

3. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a lot of fun. Wish I was there!

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Getting stuck is fun!![​IMG]

<font color=green>Money</font color=green>--&gt;Blazer

5. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

Damn that sounds like it was fun, well not for your buddy with the Z71 now he's got a busted rear end, but I bet he's never had fun like that in his whole life. Man next time get some pictures, stuck pictures are fun to see.

LOVE MY GREEN GIANT!!!

6. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I'm suprised you didn't call me to come tow you out. Man, that would've been an ugly sight...since I've only completed the lift on the frontend. That sounds pretty fun though. You better call me after I get this "stage" of my Blazer done!

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

7. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Sound like one of those days you just stumble in and collapse on the sofa after..
    I envy you guys...

<font color=blue>Espen88k5</font color=blue>

8. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

My friend RD, the one with the '79, busted his rear end. Yeah 73K5, I thought about it, but then I remembered that it was only half finished and that you might be at work. I'm definately going to make sure that my camera has film. I might get some pics of my truck now with all the mud on it. If any of you guys are ever through Wichita, KS let me know, and we could go for a lil' trail ride. MUAHAHAHA[​IMG]

Alex
    Wichita, KS
    [​IMG]What me get stuck? NEVER!!(Famous last words)[​IMG]