Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Have part#'s, but don't know lift height...help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by erik59, Jun 24, 2006.

1. erik59

erik59 Registered Member

Hey all, got a question, and yes I did the search. I had a lift given to me when I bought my blazer. It was on a truck for a short period of time and now it has found it's way on my blazer......well the rear so far. The person that gave it to me said it was a 4" lift. Well, after installing it the things sits more like a 6". It is a rough country. Here is what the springs say......
    Front: ROUGH COUNTRY 8002
    Rear: ROUGH COUNTRY 8200

Rough Country doesn't take calls on the weekend, and Summit Racing just started carrying them, so they don't have any parts numbers yet. Please help.

Erik

2. bigbadchev84

bigbadchev84 1/2 ton status

3. erik59

erik59 Registered Member

now the rear springs

Much appreciated. I will just take the guys word that gave me the set that they are matching. If anyone has a lift with these numbers let me know, I'd appreciate it. It just looks like it sets really high. Of course the factory springs were shot and sagging like crazy, and I put 35's on the rear instead of some bald 33's that were on it. I think it is going to turn out pretty well when it is all said and done. I didn't put the lift on the front of it yet because I am having someone come to my house and wet sand and buff the truck. The guy is pretty short and would have a hell of a time getting to the center of the hood. Just got it painted. Here is the link to the build up.....

http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158866

The pictures start on the 2nd page.....I'll be takin some more pictures once it is wet sanded and buffed and put back together. Still have to do the sheetmetal work in the cab section and roll in bed liner. The back already has been rolled in.

Erik