Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Have some ? about parts I need

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wayne, Jul 26, 2001.

1. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

OK, I was going to put the 89 Jimmy on hold for a few weeks because of tring to buy a house, but I decided I have a couple of months to get things done so I am not pushed after I move (I hope) and can make the Paragon run with some of the mods done. This is what I need to get answers for:
    1. Getting the custom brake lines made and called AAI Motersports and they need to know what size the female fitting is at the frame. Is it 3/8 or 7/16?
    2. Need to know the part number for the rear conversion U-joint for a 14ff? I have a 10 bolt now. I will most likely get it at Napa.
    3. Lug nut size for a Dana 60 and 14ff? I am looking for lugnuts that cover the whole stud. Boss if you read this probably the same ones that you have.
    4. Gear lube you reccommend for a Dana 60 and a 14ff both with lockers in them.
    I hope to ba able to have all my parts in the next few weeks and I figure it should take a week to get it all done. Thanks.

<font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

2. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

1. Getting the custom brake lines made and called AAI Motersports and they need to know what size the female fitting is at the frame. Is it 3/8 or 7/16? When I got mine made, 3/16 was what I requested. That's the size that comes out the frame.

2. Need to know the part number for the rear conversion U-joint for a 14ff? I have a 10 bolt now. I will most likely get it at Napa. Napa Part # 447 (1330/1350)

3. Lug nut size for a Dana 60 and 14ff? I am looking for lugnuts that cover the whole stud. Boss if you read this probably the same ones that you have. 9/16"

4. Gear lube you reccommend for a Dana 60 and a 14ff both with lockers in them. I used 80w90w

Hope this helps
    Boss

89' 1 TON of FUN K5

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I second everything Boss said!!! [​IMG]

<font color=blue>Daddy told me while learning to pee......"if you shake it more than twice, then you are playing with it!!!"</font color=blue>