Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Have welder will travel

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 468k5, Jan 24, 2005.

1. 468k5

468k5 1/2 ton status

Well I got bored the the other night and decided the 74 needed another upgrade. I was checking out a couple sites and found a great tech posts on
    on board welders.I thought to myself "hey that could be handy,I've had weekends cut short because of busted parts that could have simply been welded right there"! So I did some more searching gathered a little more info and got started. It really was nothing to complicated and not that expensive. Here are a cople links I found useful:
    http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/on-boardwelder/index.html
    If you go to this next one click on mods then on board welder
    http://mywebpages.comcast.net/t.molnar/
    Now as soon as I can get the blazer into the shop I'll get my brackets made,get everything mounted, and attach a hand throttle. I will let you know how it works when it's done!:waytogo:

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

Picture 021.jpg

Picture 026.jpg

Picture 030.jpg

2. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

you'll have to let us know how well it works. I've been thinking of building one of those for a while.

3. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

Yeah buddy! I will have one of them in my work/tow rig one of these days. Also would like a pto generator and onboard air :grin:

4. 468k5

468k5 1/2 ton status

I already have the on board air in my 4runner I'd have to cut a hole in the hood to fit that big alternator in. I'm not sure which truck to put the welder in probably one of the blazers or the tow rig.

5. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

I built a welder too.Here is the post I made on it.The pics dont work so here they are :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I broke that shackle on the first day of a three day trip.It held up great til I could make another set :D