Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Have you ever had one of those days? - Long story

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mudzer, Oct 6, 2002.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Well, today was that kind of a day. A tiddly while back, I had my disabled K5 behind my house which was newly built and still has the typical construction yard treatment - dirt yard. I had the rear differential removed in the 12 bolt and had removed the front locking hubs beause of my recent 1/2 ton sale. Well, I had a fellow K5er show up today to purchase more of my parts. In trying to get the rig Mo-Bile, I messed around with the factory Spicer type locking hubs for more than an hour (thats why I ditched them previously). After finally getting the K5 Front Wheel Drive, I beat around in the mud for a good 30 minutes trying to get to the shop. We ended up hooking up a 2wd S-10 lowrider to the K5 for a nice pull to the level. Well, I get to the parking area and (after having the cars moved out of harms way) I backed into my car! Drivers door of the Bimmer is a little rashed by my right rear tire. I am such a dork /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif. I didnt even look! Whell, here is were I turn loonier. Matt reminded me that I had just backed into my car... I do the typical WTF and jump out for a quick look see. It really didnt look that bad - the trim ripped a little loose, the mirror folded back (safety feature). What do I do next? I jump back into the truck and proceed to detach my truck from its speed bump. I hear this nice rrrRRriiiip and PoP! I rip the mirror off and crease the door. The freakin thing is, had I just simply moved the car instead of the truck, the damage would have been one Nascar style black mark on the fender and door (cool anyway) and the need to re-install the trim. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Just goes to show, things don't always go as planned. Thatd' be a bull fat parody.

Matt, I hope you made it home safely with your parts. Now, lets hear Your side of the story.

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

That'll teach the guys with lowriders NOT to lower those damn trucks!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

It was a definately an experience. It was quite a sight to see the 38" rubber marks on the BMW. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

We finally got home about 11PM. Got stuck at a huge wreck around Wentzville for almost 2 hours. Everything is home and Im starting on the cleanup of the outers today. Hopefully Ill get everything installed intime for Potosi and get to see ya wheel something other than your yard and your car.

Maybe the trip out to Nebraska will go better this weekend.

I cant wait to try the new gears and locker!

4. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

It was pretty funny seeing my brothers S-10 pulling a Blazer. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

5. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

At least you didn't back into HIS car /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

BIGJ

6. Mudzer

With exception of the 18" long crease on the door - the car is good as new. I re-installed the trim and seudo-fixed the mirror.

Glad you made it home safe.

7. I sure am glad to hear that I'm not the only one in this world with rotten luck !! Watch yourself before you get yourself hurt and I'll have to come and get those 1 ton axles due to you being laid up and out of commission !!

8. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Did ya get any pics of the tire marks? So when are ya gonna get the 1 tons home?

9. Mudzer

I will pick up the axles this week. Just ordered the ORD weld in frame fix kit, 3/4 ton u-bolt kit, and D60 crossover arm. Also called MOO and ordered a D60 cover with Rock Ram mount, Tie Rod, Ram mount for rod, and some weld on shock mounts for the 14. So, that money you gave me is gone with the wind!

Hey BigBurb... Easy there fella - I would have to shoot you if you took my axles - I'd hate to shoot friends. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

I took the top off my blazer and set it behind my truck...thinkign i'll just drive away in forward after all i am in the middle of a field next to my house....instead I hopped in my truck, threw it in reverse and dumped the clutch.... CRUNCH! Luckily just scared the top with my hitch...no broken glass or anything...

11. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

Hey Neil,
    Give me a ring next time you are out crushing cars on your property. My blazer wold love to take a whack at crushing a bimmer ! Seriously...i'll be out of town this coming weekend..but if you are wrenching oct 18-20 tell me so i can help you out ! I'm dying to check out that blazer of yours.
    Blake