Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Have you ever had one of those "Derrrrr!!!" moments??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by muddin4fun, Jun 20, 2002.

1. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Have you ever had one of those \"Derrrrr!!!\" moments??

...I know I usually have them all the time, but I mean this one's different...this one is *angels singing* different! *end angels singing*

Since Nick is going to graduate soon, I have been trying to figure out what I want to do so I know what I need to go to school for. I've got to love my job...I can't stand going into a job that I hate, day in, day out, or feel like I'm not going anywhere. I really just can't handle that. Especially since you spend most of your waking hours at work. I don't want to wait till I'm 60 and retire to start doing things I want to do.
    So, I've been trying to think about what sorta job I'd like to have. Well...nothing would come to mind. Or at least, anything that could provide a living.
    Since I was little, I have always wanted to be a pilot. Always! I had the little planes etc you know? My favorite nintendo games were flight simulators. Anyway, I love planes and I love flying! I helped my dad study for his pilots tests and he's given me some lessons (back when I was in the stage of "anything that dad says you'd like is just wrong" thing). Well, my dad took me flying yesterday and I remembered how much I love it!! Just so happens, I also love to teach.

WELL DERRRRR!!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Private pilot instructor!

So, now I am so excited about life again! I can't wait! I have something I'm working towards (besides and awsomely sweet K5 /forums/images/icons/wink.gif)
    Anyway, I'm so excited, I had to share!

2. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

Re: Have you ever had one of those \"Derrrrr!!!\" moments??

sounds great /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    my father-inlaw has always wanted to fly so last month he went to a week long air show in lakeland florida and came home with an ultralite and its not one of those that looks like a kite, it actually looks like a real plane /forums/images/icons/grin.gif. so for fathersday we got him one of those on style piolets caps and some old goggles and a white scraf /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    i guess i'm try'n to say go for muddin /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Sounds good... and when you get your license you can come here and pick me up and we can fly up to see Rene and smack him around a bit... just cuz... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Make sure Lara keeps a good eye on the mountains...

*inside joke*

Rene