Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Have you ever thought ...............

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by pauly383, Aug 30, 2004.

1. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

.....About how the parts we ship all over the country live on in other peoples projects . I think its kinda cool . I have a yoke NY , traded some shafts to Cali . All 4 corners sent me parts . Its kinda like blood donation /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

True enough. Although Ill quit visiting here if anyone starts trading used motor oil /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

James

3. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Never thought about it like that, I have IA parts, Ca parts, NV parts, UT parts and OH parts! all in one big k5 package. Who knew??? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Having a CK5 membership is like having a doner card /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

Sort of similar to what you said, I wonder if the scrap metal that I haul away will be melted down and used to make something I buy in the future, kind of like buying my junk back, only nicer...

6. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

It's the "circle of parts". Just think, every molecule or atom of matter has been around since creation (or however you view the beginning of existance).

Where were the molecules that make up the matter that make up the metal in your fenders 200 years ago? 2000 years ago?

Every piece of matter always exists through time, in many different shapes and forms. What might the molecules in your windshield now be a part of in the year 2650? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Perhaps I'm going too deep. Back on track... I always keep a record of where I got parts from. When I first got 6" springs from Arkansas, I was like "Wow, these have come from a land far away".

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Every piece of matter always exists through time, in many different shapes and forms. What might the molecules in your windshield now be a part of in the year 2650?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just thinking about rain and evaporation . The water I just drank could of been evaporated from somewhere else , formed a cloud , rained in the mountains , trickled down to the lakes I fish , reclaimed , and I drank it . There still are wonderful things here on this ball of dirt and rock

8. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Every piece of matter always exists through time, in many different shapes and forms. What might the molecules in your windshield now be a part of in the year 2650?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just thinking about rain and evaporation . The water I just drank could of been evaporated from somewhere else , formed a cloud , rained in the mountains , trickled down to the lakes I fish , reclaimed , and I drank it . There still are wonderful things here on this ball of dirt and rock

[/ QUOTE ]

Or it could have been evaporated dog urine... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif