Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Have you guys ever smoked your tires? (Be Honest!)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ryan B., Mar 3, 2004.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I really cant wait to try out 4.88 with 36's and no weight in the rear...

It's final drive geared lower than when I bought it, and it could pull a burn every once in a while with street tires

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I smoked mine for the first time the other day. Kinda fun but I probably won't do it again for a long time. Tires and gas are expensive and I am poor. Fun to watch people look at you.

If it wasn't for TPI my response would have been I can't smoke them. But FI is cool and makes lots of torque down low. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

Well i cant SMOKE the tires unless im turning or its wet out. I can chirp them though and i like to do that.

nick

5. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

all 4 at once is the only way to go baby /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

My f-150 will smoke the 33s if it can t find the traction to lift the front end. I brok the tranny mount in my luv trying to smoke the 28s on it /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

7. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Std tranny + soft rearend = lots of wheelhop.

So nope, I dont smoke them unless i'm wheelin!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

8. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Whats the trick to smoking tires? Do you have to take the tires to a shredder before you can roll it into a joint? I find it repulsive that you would even think about inhaling rubber smoke from lighting it. Just stick with the other stuff (pot, cigs, etc.). /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Had you guys there for a second, huh? Of course! I smoke the tires every now and then, just to get a kick out of it. But then again, I don't do it too often because I don't want to buy new tires all the time. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

9. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Nah, tires are too expensive. I save all the crazy car stunts for rental cars... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

10. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Used to smoke them all the time in the IROC, but slowly started slowing down as i got tired of paying as much as $120each for tires for that thing. So i started buying used tires... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Tried to smoke them on the 73 Camaro (Hot Rod) and the damn front tires came off the ground. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

12. Ryan B.

What tires? Size? Rear ladder bars?

13. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hell yah!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

But It gets expensive... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

I had a 72' Ford Grand Torino
    with a 351C/4 Barrel Heads..that could bake'm... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif
    You've seen Starsky & Hutch... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I also had a 70' GS...
    360HP/455...
    Now that would through you into the seat..
    and Fry some rubber..

Post some of those you have.. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Haven't had it in years, Narrowed 12 bolt, 4 link rear suspension, and some M/T 50's wrinkle walls (drag slicks)Not to mention the motor was set back as far as we could get it (Notched the firewall for dist. clearence) Car was striped of all extra wieght. Was a very fun toy till someone decided they needed it more then I did (Stolden) . What we recovered a few years later wasn't worth much. Ended up selling what was left on ebay.

15. Ryan B.

[ QUOTE ]

Post some of those you have.. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

http://www.norcalbigdawgs.net/Video/BurnOut.wmv

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

16. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I like the Camaro shot the best..

Funny Video!!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Just think....
    The tires may be more balanced... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

17. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

You love sporting those pics Ryan. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

They are pretty damn cool though. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

Hows else would i go through 8 trannys in 3 years! I totalled the last 700 r4 by going about 50 mph and slamming it into reverse and doing a mean flying J, spun me right around and man the smoke was mean.

19. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Whats the trick to smoking tires? Do you have to take the tires to a shredder before you can roll it into a joint? I find it repulsive that you would even think about inhaling rubber smoke from lighting it. Just stick with the other stuff (pot, cigs, etc.). /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Smoke em if you got em.

But you gotta puff, puff, give /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

My vote:
    Uh no officer, I was just trying to kick off the choke. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

And people wonder with a nickname like mine why I take stock in tire companies...... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

20. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Where's the NASCAR fan reply ??? No officer, I wasn't speeding, I was qualifying. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif