Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Have you guys heard of "Flowtech" headers?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 72Blazerod, Sep 19, 2002.

1. 72Blazerod

72Blazerod 1/2 ton status

Have you guys heard of \"Flowtech\" headers?

I have found an add in my local paper for brand new Flowtech headers that fit my 1972 with a 4 spd. Now I don't see headers that fit my truck all that often, so I was wondering if these things were any good? Or should I just take a pass?

Rod

2. Roostr84

Roostr84 1/2 ton status

Re: Have you guys heard of \"Flowtech\" headers?

Flowtech headers are a semi well-known brand. I have never run them myself but I do know people who have and have been happy with them. I think that they are a less expensive brand than say a hooker header. I would check themout. Jut make sure the flanges are straight etc.

3. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Flow tech are an okay header for everyday use. I have a set on my 72 and they are lasting fine. I got them from NAPA. The collector flange warps real easy compared to some others. All in All I am satisfied. I would compare them to Headman headers.

John

4. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

i have a set on my 69 and they work fine. at least no problems so far

nathan

5. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

We've put two sets on my buddy's S-10 in two years, and it's about ready for another set. He's running a 350/700r4 and the flowtechs keep burning through on the bends. He's not running rich or too hot, so we don't think it's the engine. I've only heard of one other person that had problems with them, so I'd say it's probably worth the gamble. We're gonna put on a set of Headmans next and see if they last longer, we may have some other hidden trouble that we can't find.

6. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

I have a set on my '69 too. They were on there when I bought the truck. I haven't had any problems so far but I also don't drive my truck that often. There doesn't appear to be any problems with clearance & my engine tranny & t-case are all out of a later model truck. I have 2.5" stainless exhaust with (unfortunately) glass packs hooked up to them.