Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Have you guys heard of ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by HispanicPanic, May 16, 2001.

1. HispanicPanic

HispanicPanic 1/2 ton status

a tire balancing compound for balancing your tires cuz i went to some guy and asked how much to balance my new ssr's and he shows me a bag that read "TECH tire balancing compound" and it looked like sand mixed with like pieces of lead so i asked him if it would damege the tire or wheel and he said no that the stuff goes inside the tire and as it spins the compound will go where needed therfore balancing the tire. after thinking about it i thought id check with you guys first

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://jimjim.coloradok5.com>http://jimjim.coloradok5.com</A> Not all Hispanics drive lowriders

2. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I've never heard of it. Of course that doesn't mean it's not a legit product...

It sounds interesting though, kinda like the Centramatic automatic wheel balancers.

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

You can check w/ the tire tech guys, but I have never heard of it... I'll keep w/ the same old wheel weights personally... although would like to find a place w/ that brand new Hunter balancer! Cool toy...

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I've heard of it, not sure if it's any good though I think its still pretty new...

[​IMG]<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

5. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Yes, I have heard of it. Check back a few issues in 4 Wheel & Off Road or 4Wheeler (can't remember which one), they did a test with it and loved it! I think they balanced 44s with it and it worked great. They were very impressed with it as I recall...

6. Ryeguy

Ryeguy 1/2 ton status

Yeah, Petersons (and most mags) are generally impressed with a product of a company that has bought an advertisement from them (though they are better than they were a few years ago).

I've heard of this sand/silicone auto-balancing stuff. The local tire shop guy really liked the stuff, but figured you'd need too much in a Swamper to balance it out. The stuff isn't cheap!

--Rob

7. Flyinhi86

Flyinhi86 Registered Member

I used that same sand in my 35's. Big tires are hard to keep balanced so I went with the sand. I believe it cost about 20 a bag, Canadian funds. I was told it works off of static and it stays loose until you start driving. It then automatically balances, sticking to the inside of tire by static. Oh ya one bag only covered one tire.

8. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I agree with CaptCrunch those new Hunter balancers are great. I use one at work all the time, it balances the tires perfectly every time. It shouldnt cost a lot to have all the tires balanced.</font color=blue>

[​IMG]

9. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

The Hunter balancer is amazing. Weve had one at our work for over a year and we love it. Not only does it balance any tire dead on the first time, it can tell you where to spin the tire on the rim to minimize road force thus making the tire ride smoother. We balance 4 tires of any size with this machine including match mounting for 40 bucks, so other places with this machine may have similar prices. Its definitely worth it if you have truck tires.

'82 K5 6.2 Diesel, sm 465 np 205, 35" muds

10. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

I had my swampers balanced with the powder. Its the same stuff they use for big rigs steering tires. It worked great, but you have to watch where you get your air. If the air is too moist, the powder will stick together and wont work. Some gas stations are running cheap compressors and dont have a real good water seperator. Other than that, it worked great. Cost me I think 12.00 per tire.

Mike

<font color=blue>Thumper
    85 Fullsize Jimmy
    [​IMG]
    <font color=red>Lets Go Wheelin! </font color=red>