Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Have you had this problem?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by hawglet, Aug 9, 2002.

1. hawglet

hawglet 1/2 ton status

My tie rod ends are really close to my wheels, so close that I can't fit my pinky finger between them or a
    wheel weight. The place I had my tires balanced didn't happen to have any of the stick on weights for the inner wheel so all my weights have to be on the out side bead.On the front wheels at least. What is the cause of this. les shwabs checked it for alingment and siad every thing was fine and nothing is bent to the naked eye. What is going on? I don't have any kind of a lift and am running 33" Wild Country RVT tires(junk,not by my choice).
    /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

Greg
    hawglet@excite.com

2. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

Mine are very close also. Passenger side rubs sometime's. I don't worry about it 'cause I know mine are worn out anyway(almost 200k). Getting a wheel with less backspacing would probably get it farther away but unless it's rubbing I wouldn't worry about it.