Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

having clearance issues

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bagged beast, Sep 26, 2005.

1. bagged beast

bagged beast Registered Member

Feb 15, 2005
    okay heres the deal,
    i have the rear bags in place and at the ride height that i like, but my problem lies in the front. i made my hy steer bracket off of the diff cover and to b honest its not the smallest, but when i set up the ride height in the front the mount will come in contact with the engine crossmember. the crossmember is like 5 inches thich and the oil pan is 3 inches from the top of the crossmember. it will be fine at height, but at full compression it will hit. my question is is it safe to cut out the crossmember completely except for the motor mounts(brace the crap out of them) and built two crossmembers around it, one in front of it and one behind(bracing both extremly) i didn't really know if it would be strong enough. :confused: :confused: :confused:
  2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Jul 23, 2000
    There are a couple of guys that have custom built crossmembers up front. I'm almost sure Missourri Offroad Outfitters makes and sells one too...