Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

having elec. problems

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sapper, Apr 22, 2002.

1. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

for some reason my turn signals will work sometimes and sometimes they dont. coming home today i had them then the light would just come no blinking and then they worked as i pulled into the house then just a light agian. think its something with the coloum but i'v never taken it apart and have no idea what to look for so any help would be great. thanks

2. weisel

weisel 1/2 ton status

I have heard that there is a little plastic cam inside of the collumn that wears out but am not sure. Might have to tear into the collumn to see whats wrong. But before you do it make sure that the outside lights are in conjunction with your inside lights. On my truck sometines the left turn light woun't flash, but they are on the outside, and other times they all work properly. Just a thought.

3. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Try replacing the flashers in the fuse block. They're cheap and usually the cause of no blinking

4. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

If your light in the dash comes on steady it can mean one of the bulbs has gone out or lost connection. I would try cleaning all the sockets.

5. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

both bulbs are replaced the flasher in fuse box is new had to replace it to tow. might try another one tommarow to see. thanks

6. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status

i got a question about that too. My right blinker works normaly but my left blicker will come on outside on the lights of the truck but on the dash it wont blink or turn off automatically whats the deal?

7. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status

anyone?

8. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Well since I am the blinker guy..I would try new bulbs ,and a new flasher.

9. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

I have bought two trucks now that the previous owner had tapped in with the trailer lights right at one of the rear turn signals and that signal was shorting out. I would check there first. I have seen many interesting things on different trucks. It may even be a bad ground in that area.

10. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status

thanks all, but whats up with it not turning off after i make a turn?

11. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I had the same problem with my truck and the wiring installed for trailer lights. Mine had a "T" that connected into the factory wiring, took the "T" out and the problem was solved.

12. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Theres a canceling cam behind the steering wheel that turns off the blinkers when your straighten the wheel and it has springs on it that fall off a lot. Mine does the same thing, I gotta pull the wheel off some time and see if a spring fell out or the cam broke

13. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

On mine the cam broke - it's an easy junkyard fix. On another truck things were getting sticky and a little cleaning and white grease got rid of the sticking and clicking before the piece broke.