Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Having problems getting my window back in

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BrianDamage, Dec 9, 2002.

1. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

replaced my driver's side window motor yesterday, but I'm havin hard time getting the glass back on the regulator. I messed with it for about an hour, then it was getting pretty cold (no insulation in my shop), so I called it a day. Any tricks to get it back on the regulator? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. OneInTheSun

OneInTheSun 1/2 ton status

If you haven't done so already, I'd personally take the rest of the stuff out of the door. Once everything's out of the way, it's alot easier to get the window back on track.

3. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

If you already have the regulator bolted in you can roll the regulator all the way to the top and the rollers will actually come out the top and you can slide the glass on the rollers. You have to have the vent glass out. Then roll it back down and put everything back together. Or you can just unbolt the reguletor and work it on that way. Hope this helps some.

4. Mr GearHead

Mr GearHead Registered Member

I have fought with the front windows also. You have to take the vent window assembly out. I have tried to do it with out taking the vent window out and did not have much success.

5. BrianDamage

heck, I've got the vent window out, all the window channel and moldings, even the brace that goes from the outer skin (held in with bolt from side mirror) to the inner. tried running it up all the way, to where it comes out the top and could ALMOST get it, but no luck. this also caused the regulator to stuck and I had to unbolt it to get it back down again.

I will try doing it with the regulator unbolted tonight

6. OneInTheSun

OneInTheSun 1/2 ton status

Getting the rollers back in the channels does take a bit of patience.
    Something that I didn't ask the first time: Did you put the arms on the new regulator in the exact same position as they came off the old one?

7. BrianDamage

I didn't put in a new regulator, just a motor. Since I have the spring counter balance, had to drill a hole in the gears and run a self-tapping screw into it to keep it from coming loose when I pulled the motor off

anyway, I finally got it. Had to unbolt the regulator plus run it up out of the top of the door. FINALLY /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif