Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Having problems logging in?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CK5, Sep 4, 2003.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Some of you have been having problems logging in to the forums which most likely is a cookie issue so I installed this hack so a user can delete just the CK5 forum cookies, I hope it can help: http://coloradok5.com/forums/mycookies.php

Also, this link is posted in the "How this site works with FAQ library" forum for future referance should you need it.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Is this the problem where when you go to log in you go to your home page instead? That's been happening to me for months, really annoying. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Thanks for the hack. </font>

3. CK5

Yes, try it and let me know if it works for sure. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I'll be able to let you know tomorrow morning for sure, but to tell you the truth, clearing cookies has not done it for me in the past, the problem has been with the browser caching the page, so the computer pulls the offline page and for some reason refuses to refresh from the site. I don't know if it's impossible to do, but it seems like the easiest fix might be to just make the login page have a completely different URL than the My Home page. </font>

5. CK5

Yeah, it will not work for everyone or in every case but a first easy step if your having problems. I think the problem is going between http://www.coloradok5.com and http://coloradok5.com the cookies get confused and treat both addresses as two seperate sites. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

6. BlazerWheels

BlazerWheels 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ... the cookies get confused...

[/ QUOTE ]
    I HATE IT WHEN MY COOKIES GET CONFUSED /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. CK5

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    ... the cookies get confused...

[/ QUOTE ]
    I HATE IT WHEN MY COOKIES GET CONFUSED /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't like to toss my cookies. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif