Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Having Steering problems help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Daffy, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Daffy

Daffy Registered Member

My 86 Blazer has a 6 inch lift I took off the crossover steering for my off road project and replaced it with a stock unit. Now it is hard to steer. Is this because of the angle of the linkage. or might my steering gear be bad I am suspecion of it anyway. Should I use a dropped pitman or a bent drag link to correct. Money is an issue since it is my plow truck.

Thanks

Daffy.

2. camok5

camok5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

First Off I hope you put the 4x4 steering box back on? :D With a 6 inch lift you should use a Drop pitman arm or a drop drag link etc... It might be the cause.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

if you don't have a raised steering arm and drop pitman arm, you, NEED THEM. Drop drag links are notoriouslly crappy for some reason.

4. Daffy

Daffy Registered Member

Yes It is a stock 4x4 gear that came of my off trail rig. I was told that I would not have any problems with the stock linkage and pit man arm and the amount of lift I have. ( Street Driving) Just wonderin if I need to be trouble shooting somthing else

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

is it the stock pitman arm and stock steering arm? If so then you WILL have a problem. Whoever said that you wouldn't doesn't know what they are talking about. 4" of lift needs steering correction or else you can't turn for crap, add 2 more inches to that.

6. Daffy

Daffy Registered Member

I Figured That was the problem Where is a good place to fing them cheap.. Got to hurry the snows almost here

Thanks