Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Having teeth pulled

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CrewCab59, Nov 15, 2006.

1. CrewCab59

CrewCab59 1/2 ton status

Has anybody had there teeth pulled?
    I'm having 4 teeth pulled two upper and lower the most back one's

Questions.

Do they put you out or do they give the shot in the gums?
    Do you eat after or do you wait ?
    I have been told that you sleep alot for the next day or so???

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

They give you a pill that makes you happy.Then knock you out.

You won't want to eat after it's done.

Sleep alot,and your face will be sore.

3. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

your wisdom teeth? I don't know personally, but my wife was put under to help minimize the pain during the procedure. I think you can ask for either one.

4. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Depending on who is doing the procedure is it a dentist or an ortho surgent? Dentist nomally will num you up... where when I went to the surgent they knocked me out....

5. Insomnya3AM

Insomnya3AM Registered Member

It hurts so bad you'll want to blow your jaw off with a shotgun.

:D :laugh:

Kidding. I've never had anything done. Good luck!

6. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

They numbed me up (3 times damnit!) and kept yanking till it came out. Don't remember my wisdoms coming out as I was having my jaw operated on at the time.

7. freeflow

freeflow 1/2 ton status

yep i just had one of my rear teeth pulled like a month ago- they numbed it up cut the tooth in half then used that high tech tool that they use whats it called:confused: :confused: :confused: oooooooooooo ya a Mini crowbar and it came out pretty easy. Hard to eat for like the first day- dont eat applesauce, and i had to pretty much bite down on a piece of gauze for like a day

8. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I had seven pulled, but 3 were fused to my jaw so they knocked me out. Gave me happy pills for the next few days. I did eat but only soup.

9. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I'm next!... :(

I should be calling around for a dental appointment myself--I have at least 2 cavities and one tooth I lost the filling out of a few weeks ago..one with a cavity right at the gum line too,that might end up being pulled..I hate going to dentists,I can take extreme pain any other place but my teeth!..and I'm not looking forward to the "sermon" he'll likely give me about not going more often..I bet its been 10-15 years since my last dental appointment,and it still hasn't been long enough as far as I'm concerned..:(

I hear wisdom teeth are the worst to pull,usually have to see an oral surguon for that and be sedated..I have mine still,and have been told they are "impacted" and sitting sideways in my jaw,but since they dont hurt I said 'leave them alone!"...my other "bad" teeth are getting painful at times..

Getting a dental appointment here might prove difficult--I have a state sponsored medicaid medical assistance policy,but few dentists accept patients on that program here,and I'm sure there is a waiting list miles long,thanks to all the meth mouths around here..
    --Plus our wonderful outgoing govenor Rommney is planning to once again cut all those benifits to the elderly, and low incomers like me again..he's planning to eliminate "Meals On Wheels" for the elderly,and dental,eyeglasses,and many other medical benifits again..I waited for more than a year for those benifits to be restored,figures now when I need the help they are taking them away again..some days I just wish I'd go to bed and never wake up--especially when I have a toothache AND a backache,like today...:(

10. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

I've had molars and wisdom teeth out. Getting molars out isn't terrible. I got a shot in the jaw and nitrous oxide for that. When I came to, I couldn't feel the side of my face and my mouth was full of gauze, but the recovery wasn't bad at all, I think I was back to eating whatever I wanted in 2 or 3 days, just had to be careful about where I was chewing.

Wisdom teeth, on the other hand, SUCK. Make sure you ask for the strongest painkillers the surgeon can give you. After I got mine out, it hurt so bad I couldn't even swallow an oxycodone for about 12 hours. Once I got it down, I ate em like candy and I don't really remember the week after that. I hear I was big on strawberry milkshakes though.

11. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Gettin teeth pulled is a piece of kake. My dentist just hands me a jug of rotgut and gets out the vicegrips and sawzall.
    Hint: Tell him you are alergic to synthetic pain killers and that morphine is the only thing that works for you.

12. CrewCab59

CrewCab59 1/2 ton status

Update on the teeth pulling,the apt was at 8:00am at the Oral Surguon.They hooked up a IV of sugar water to boost me up (?) then they put in a shot in Iv line and I was out took two hours to do ,My face looks like I gained about 30lb and I felt like they used a Hi- lift jack on my mouth (flip top head )

This is more pain than I have ever had ,I had 7 / 8 kindey stones over the years and they don't hurt like this.

Then there bleeding ,salt water wash, ya that's yumm.They said no eating for three day's except soup and drinks,and pain pills.....