Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

having trouble finding nerf bars....HELP!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Intense Blue, Dec 12, 2001.

1. Intense Blue

Intense Blue Registered Member

I HAVE AN 87 K5 and i cant seem to find a company that carries chrome or stainless nerfbars....theres alot of nerf bar companies out there but trying to find an 87 blazer in their application charts is almost impossible...i need to order them tommorrow, so can anyone help???.....longest nerf bar in length would be great also....thanks

2. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    have you checked places like smittybuilt, jcwhitney, www.4wheelparts.com, and the like. JCwhitney and smittybuilt may have ones that are more cosmetic than anything, but its worth a shot. Sorry if this isn't much help.

3. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

How about a set of black Smitty nerf bars? They came off a '90 Jimmy.

Derf00
    1990 K5 Jimmy 350 Edelbrock Performer TBI, 6in BDS Lift, Dana 60, 4.56, Corp 14B Detriot, 16x10 AE 589's, 37x12.5 SSR

4. therover87

therover87 1/2 ton status

i just got a set for a customer of mine from smittybilt-the part # is cn10s2b(thats for shiny black) part #cn10s2t (thats a textured black) and part #cn10s2c (thats for chrome)

5. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

Been having the same problem finding them for an 82. If you find a good source let me know.

Smitty

6. Intense Blue

Intense Blue Registered Member

hey does that chrome part # happen to be the one-piece design or the modular??????

7. therover87

therover87 1/2 ton status

the chrome is the one piece design, they dont make the modular series for our blazers.

8. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

if you guys are talking nerf bars, and mean the tube steps, I don't know the difference, here's a thought- I had mine made, they are made out of the same stuff that they put in front of gas pumps at gas stations- you know, you'd hit that instead of the gas pump- they are kind of heavy, but I think It could take a beating- they cost me 60 bucks for the pair, and I got to chose my length etc.. since I have kids that get in the back of the rig, they are longer than the "regular" ones. hope this helps

--Brandy

LOVING the new Duramax!!!