Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Having trouble finding rims

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jekquistk5, Jan 20, 2005.

1. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Im having trouble finding rims for my 3/4 ton swap. My tires are 35x15x12.5 and I want 15x10 rockcrawlers... but 4wp and a few other places only have 16x10 8lugs. I went to discount tire and the dude told me to go f*ck myself.. and hes never seen anyone run a 15" rim on a 3/4ton setup. I know some people on here rum em so where did ya get em.

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I have them, send me a PM, it's not a problem.

$250 to the door for four of them, white or black.

I run em on my own truck with a 60/14.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

call them back and tell the manager there full of crap

if he said that to you i would go call them back and ask to talk to the manager and tell him this. and if he wont do anything about it then tell him you will tell all of your friends on the internet about it and he wont be expecting any sales from us . and as for 15" 8lug rims i have seen lots of them, all wagon wheels . and i have acces to a set but there 15x8 if you need them i can see what i can get them for.

4. jekquistk5

Thanks tim You will own my next paycheck!!!!

5. jekquistk5

Ill pm you later tonight I have to grab my wallet from home and renew my membership!!! :) But I will be interested those 15x8's for my 31's so I can get my k5 in the garage! :thumb:

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I hate to hear that, but I'm about the same way with my 4wd stuff.

This is why I started my business though, to help out CK5 guys because I knew I was good with parts. :grin:

I'll be looking forward to your business. :grin:

7. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I get mine from 4WPW or discount tire. You do have to find somebody that has a clue as to the location of their own ass in relation to thier brain, however. I do know that I can't get a 15" 8 lug in a black finish in any style. I can get them with spoke, mod, or star centers and in white or chrome.

Don't feel bad. A buddy of mine went to Desert Rat the other day and asked for a detroit for his 14FF. The dickweed at the counter said "they have never made a detroit for that axle and I don't see a big enough demand for them to start one" This is the same store that asked what I would need center pins for and what are they.

Oh, back to wheels.....:grin:

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Unbelievable.

9. timmay

timmay Registered Member

Many people think that Tim is an a$$ because of his opinions and pesonal veiws, and I'm not here to argue that. But when it comes to selling parts I really like his agressive "get it done" positive attitude. I am tired of calling the big name mail order guys and getting the wrong parts and crappy service, and the "I have never heard of that part" crap because they are too lazy (or stupid) to look it up. Tim will get my next mail order purchase! :D

10. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have an insanely dumb question :D What business does he own, I'd like to patronize it in the future. I'm also sick of getting treated badly by large chain stores who put together show trucks and nothing else. End of rant/hijack.

11. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

He own's Tim's Offroad. He is a vendor on this forum and he really does know what he is talking about (usually :D )

12. sweetk30

parts store retards duuu!!!!

the highschool rejeks that work at these chain stores need to get a frigin clue. :screwy: :dunno: :angry1:

i have always belived that the older auto mechanics that dont want to do wrench work any more but need to work should work the parts counters. then all the people out there will get the right parts the first time and not the 99th time. and when i go the the SLOWZONE ,PARTS RETARTS , OR CRAPA i just grab the book or computer and look it up my self . so the only one to blame when its wrong is me . and thats my opinon. :thinking:

good job on the rims for him at 250 that sounds vary good . and keep up the good work and good luck with the biss. hope to se a site for it soon.:cool1:

13. mikey_d05

I wish I knew how to work the computers at NAPA. The other day I had a MANAGER grab cover gaskets for 10 bolts twice when I asked him for 14 bolt gaskets. He got pretty pissed off when I started counting the bolt holes in the gasket for him but eventually he got the message.

14. sweetk30

i now the feling i work the auto mechanic end of it . and some times you just need to go get it your self . and i have watched and learned over the years. its bad when the manager dont know how to count holes!!!!!! my napa guys are vary good tho. manager is store owner and been doing it for over 10 years and he is his own computer if you know what i am saying.

15. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I like to shop at stores where I can buy valve cover gaskets by saying "I need some valve cover gaskets for my old chevy small block" and I don't have to give them make, model, engine, birth date, ssn,...

16. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

same here. at the auto parts store in my small town, i don;t even have to say what i drive, they know what it is :grin:

17. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

first born child, vin, license and registration,

good god some of those guys are wicked stupid, i bought a 85* thermostat form the napa in davis, dude was like "thats going to screw up your motor", i was like "no it isent"
    hes said "yes it will glad its not my car"
    should i drive my truck back there and show him how screwed up it isen't?:screwy: :surepal:

18. mikey_d05

Yeah, I'm getting a little sick of having to tell my life story every time I want a nut. It's a 14 bolt, or a small block, or a th400, that's all you need to know. I went to pick up a spindle nut socket a while back and the guy told me I had the wrong one for the vehicle that I specified for other parts. So, I made the mistake of asking him which socket was the correct one, he pointed out another one ($10 more) I might add. I thanked him, bought everything, and went home. I got home, figured out it was the wrong one and I was correct in the first place, went back, and they wouldn't let me return it because it was opened, same guy, same everything. I won't point fingers but the store starts with an auto and ends with a zone. Beware.

19. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Went to my NAPA with my eaton posi unit in my hand. Had the bearings still on it. Said I need a race to match the bearings. Its a diesel 84 K5 tub sitting on an gas 86 frame with 87 3/4 sub axles.(hey they asked) However I need the stuff for an 89 10bolt (my posi was 30 spline so I had to change to 30 spline shafts). I told them about 20 times 89 K5 not truck there is a difference. They pulled bearings and races for 45mins. Finally told me that the posi wasn't going to fit my axle, these are the bearings and races you need, and as you can see they don't fit. Finally I asked them to just pull the bearing off of the carrier and give me two new ones with races. Charged me $5 to pull one bearing and handed me the new bearings and races, says good luck with a dumbass look. Been wheeling for the last year on those bearings with my posi 30 spline unit and shafts.

20. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Yeah I hate when you go in there for a simple part and you have to give them all the infor for your truck.

Well it's an 84 FULLSIZE Blazer, with a 350 out of a 73 C20, axles from a 76 Blazer, but the calipers are still from the 84 blazer, the power steering pump is for a 90 C30, the alternator and water pump for a 90 Camaro serpentine belt setup, Hydroboost from the original 6.2L along with the radiator.

Umm what else do you need to know?:haha: