Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

having trouble with rebuilt engine

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rearsteer70k5, Jun 29, 2003.

1. rearsteer70k5

rearsteer70k5 Registered Member

it's a 350 not stock but not wild. The engine runs but it cuts out when it is idling. it's like me turning off the engine for a second then turn it back on when i havn't touched the key. all wires are hooked and nothing lose. need help with problem????

2. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

i have this problem, but its very rare and only when i've been driving a lot (like 4 hrs straight) i can't seem to pinpoint the problem, but i am still goin thru the routine checks. so, i'll let u knowwhat i find. But, in the meantime, check the dist (making sure its not retarded, causing the engine to eventually foul plugs and shut it down) sry i can't hel;p out more. btw, mine was just rebuilt a while back as well.

3. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Sounds like maybe not getting enough fuel at idle. Do you have a fuel pressure guage? See what your pressure is at idle. Manual or electric pump?

4. rearsteer70k5

rearsteer70k5 Registered Member

i had a 750 edlebrock carb on it before and it was running to rich and did the same thing. so changed to a smaller carb 600 edlebrock it still smells rich.

5. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

i didn't even think of fuel pressure! stupid me! that shoulda been the first thing i said to check. dert. thanks big pappa b! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif